Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2010, 03:45 PM

9,053 posts, read 17,236,469 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
Come on up to Klein ISD. Glennloch Farms is your spot. DH once ran for school board. The superintendents neighbor sent out a letter to all the ladies who lunch and play tennis. Do not vote for that guy. He is a Democrat and we only want conservatives here. It mattered not to them that he had been a long range planner for a Fortune 100 company and had spent three years talking to every different kind of school district in the country concerning the state of education and what is it going to be like in 20 years. He was one of those godless liberals. Don't want their kind up here.
Especially if they are trying to better educate the kids...
Liberals aren't godless, it's just that their God is more compassionate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2010, 04:01 PM

3,565 posts, read 4,880,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
Come on up to Klein ISD. Glennloch Farms is your spot. DH once ran for school board. The superintendents neighbor sent out a letter to all the ladies who lunch and play tennis. Do not vote for that guy. He is a Democrat and we only want conservatives here. It mattered not to them that he had been a long range planner for a Fortune 100 company and had spent three years talking to every different kind of school district in the country concerning the state of education and what is it going to be like in 20 years. He was one of those godless liberals. Don't want their kind up here.

To the OP. That's where you want to go if you're like the good ol' Republican. Looks like the Republicans keepin' it clean up there. How dare he talk about the future of their children. That's so un , ummm, Republican. Gotta keep them out.

However, if you are open-minded and a non-hateful person, I'd suggest to move somewhere else. Sounds like it's very anti-family up there under the Republican rule. That's not what you want your kids to be exposed to.

Old 01-11-2010, 04:09 PM

3,049 posts, read 8,922,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostInHouston View Post
Wasn't aware conservatives had a monopoly on strong families...
as the OP of this thread this was an honest question for a conservative republican looking for a safe place to live and raise kids. I dont begrudge liberals or others to live where they like, since i wasnt talking about them. I dont know Houston so i was trying to get some information on the Houston areas that would be best for my family.

in the rest of the country the cities have different neighborhoods( chinatown, gay neighborhoods and african american neigbhorhoods and areas that are liberal minded , so i was asking for the conservative areas.

it wasnt meant as an argument, just for relocation purposes.

Old 01-11-2010, 04:12 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,631,514 times
You could've posted about a brick wall and people would've politicized it, possibly based on whether its color was closer to red or blue.

Old 01-11-2010, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XodoX View Post
I would like to know how one "feels" the Conservatism. It's not like a lot of people care or talk to their neighbors. Maybe some small talk or something like this. I'd call myself ultra-liberal, but I don't think my neighbors know about that.
Do Republicans plant their trees differently?
well perhaps that doesnt happen in HOuston and people dont talk to their neighbors, back east and in the south and northwest people do and people look for areas all over the country that are accepting of them and their family and values to move to. People look to build community with their neighbors and they want to know the values of their neighbors (ie are they accepting of gay lifestyle, or supportive of progressive ideals, or support lower taxes and want urban growth or dont mind suburban sprawl).

If people dont do that in the houston area then thats ok, just asking

Old 01-11-2010, 04:15 PM

thanks Jfre, i see people werent here for the relocation issue just to argue about ones preference for a certain community.

Old 01-11-2010, 04:20 PM

interestingly enough, i just popped back in the main room with all the states forums and saw a post by a gay person asking if Philadelphia was a good and safe move for him. He was trying to suss out whether it was open to his lifestyle and whether it had a community that he could feel comfortable in. That helps him, helps realtors point him in the direction that will best benefit him, he nor I talked about other people(straights or liberals) just about our own community and like minded kind.

Old 01-11-2010, 04:23 PM

3,565 posts, read 4,880,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinajack View Post
thanks Jfre, i see people werent here for the relocation issue just to argue about ones preference for a certain community.
Well, gotta thank post # 20 for this. I don't mind Republicans, but what I do mind is Republicans having an anti-everything attiude. You need to be accepting of other people. There are people who are black, gay, muslim, atheist etc. Nobody wants a hate mongering person in his neighborhood, not even in Houston.
If you're looking for that, then I don't think that's what you will find here. Cinco Ranch is accepting as well. I know some people who live there.

Quote:
interestingly enough, i just popped back in the main room with all the states forums and saw a post by a gay person asking if Philadelphia was a good and safe move for him. He was trying to suss out whether it was open to his lifestyle and whether it had a community that he could feel comfortable in. That helps him, helps realtors point him in the direction that will best benefit him, he nor I talked about other people(straights or liberals) just about our own community and like minded kind.
Again.. post # 20.

Old 01-11-2010, 04:26 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,631,514 times
Quote:
Well, to cut through the BS...

You grew up in suburban Dallas? Take any suburb of Houston. It'll be a lot like where you grew up. Right down to the Chili's in front of the Wal-Mart.

Old 01-11-2010, 05:14 PM

105 posts, read 265,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by descovy View Post
My Lutheran pastor once commented about a car parked with the bumper sticker "In case of Rapture, this car will be unmanned"

He wanted to leave a note on the windsheild that said, "In case of Rapture, can I have your car??

I won't get into the theology of why... on c-d boards...

Hey, I'm a pretty good neighbor. Take care of my kids, look out for my neighbors, volunteer in the community, don't litter, or swear, a pretty good citizen overall. Too bad I'm a democrat (quite rare in Cinco, btw...) Now you won't want to live next door to me and my polite, well mannered children...
There is a car in my neighborhood with a bumper sticker that says "Born right the first time"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston