Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2009, 07:39 PM

3,565 posts, read 4,863,814 times

Advertisements

I'm really pissed off right now. I just found out that parking at IAH is now 17 bucks a day. Up by 2 Dollars from 15 bucks.
I'll be gone for 14 days. I sure as hell don't want to pay 238 bucks just for parking. But after 11 hours of flying I just wanna head straight to my car. Not in the mood to wait for some bus. Does anybody knows if there's a rebate program/coupons for IAH? Some sort of discounted parking?
However, I guess if there's nothing, then I'll have to use someone else. Where should I park? I take 59 and then Will Clayton Pkwy. So it should be somewhere on Will Clayton.
I see that IAH also has "Parking Cent" parking for 6 bucks a day. It's at the corner of Greens Road and John F. Kennedy Blvd. SInce I never use 45, I don't know about it and I've never seen it. Is it good? Covered parking?
I still can't believe they raised it to 17 bucks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2009, 07:52 PM

687 posts, read 2,127,745 times
Whenever I fly out of IAH, I park at the Parking Spot. They have covered parking, lots of shuttles, is cheaper, and they give me a bottle of water to drink on my way home. I've not had to wait more than a couple of minutes. There's also the security issue -- the shuttle takes me directly to my car. Sometimes my plane comes in late, after 7 or 8pm, so I really appreciate the direct to car shuttle service. Also, if you register with them, I think you get every 11th visit free.

Old 12-07-2009, 07:55 PM

912 posts, read 2,556,266 times
I use 'fast park and relax' on Greens road-whic offers covered parking in a secure lot. Every time I've used them I've waited 5 minutes tops for a bus back to the car which is another 5 minute drive. The bus drops you at your vehicle. On the way out the bus waits for you at your car and the driver loads all the luggage. It runs at about $5 or $6 a day depending on promotions.

Like you I don't like waiting and often do long flights back to europe

FastPark & Relax - Houston GR
They also do the water thing and were giving out the chronicle when I was there last.

Old 12-07-2009, 08:04 PM

2,783 posts, read 6,674,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by XodoX View Post
I'm really pissed off right now. I just found out that parking at IAH is now 17 bucks a day. Up by 2 Dollars from 15 bucks.
I'll be gone for 14 days. I sure as hell don't want to pay 238 bucks just for parking. But after 11 hours of flying I just wanna head straight to my car. Not in the mood to wait for some bus. Does anybody knows if there's a rebate program/coupons for IAH? Some sort of discounted parking?
However, I guess if there's nothing, then I'll have to use someone else. Where should I park? I take 59 and then Will Clayton Pkwy. So it should be somewhere on Will Clayton.
I see that IAH also has "Parking Cent" parking for 6 bucks a day. It's at the corner of Greens Road and John F. Kennedy Blvd. SInce I never use 45, I don't know about it and I've never seen it. Is it good? Covered parking?
I still can't believe they raised it to 17 bucks.
How far do you live from the airport? What about just taking a cab or a car service? I travel to the Middle East a few times a year, and after an 18 hour trip back it's nice to let someone else do the driving home.

Old 12-07-2009, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rb4browns View Post
How far do you live from the airport? What about just taking a cab or a car service? I travel to the Middle East a few times a year, and after an 18 hour trip back it's nice to let someone else do the driving home.

Yellow Cab would be 51 bucks one way. Wouldn'e be much more expensive. Unless I go to one of those 4 bucks a day parking places. But you also gotta tip them....

Houston taxi fares (http://www.yellowcabhouston.com/fare_info_bush_intercontinental.html - broken link)

I'm in zone 3.

I also found this website:

http://www.aboutairportparking.com/houston-george-bush-intercontinental-airport-parkingHowever (broken link), it dosen't display the actual prices. It's still 15 for IAH. IAH's website says 17.

Old 12-08-2009, 04:52 AM

480 posts, read 1,698,248 times
I'm with karuna95. The Parking Spot is the place for me! There are more than one at IAH, and I recommend the one on Will Clayton, near I-59. It's sooooo convenient, and you don't have to deal with all the traffic hassles of JFK boulevard. It has coupons, too. I just used it for 11 days of covered parking. I used a 20% off coupon, and the total cost was $93. It would have been about $73 if I'd chosen uncovered parking.

Old 12-08-2009, 05:59 AM

2,282 posts, read 4,056,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grunn View Post

FastPark & Relax - Houston GR
They also do the water thing and were giving out the chronicle when I was there last.
I also use Fast Park & Relax (Greens) and it now has a 2nd location on Will Clayton - the prices come out to about $7 or 8 a day (with tax) if you have their customer card or the Internet coupon - I'm not sure if it is the same price on W. Clayton but close.

Even cheaper - if you are flying out in the morning - see if you can get a one night stay on Hotwire at the Marriott near Greenspoint. I have gotten a stay for around $40/night and you can leave their car in their parking garage and take the free shuttle. At that price, it would be worth it to check in, and not even use the room!

(Officially a lot of the hotels have a separate rate for "park and stay" but it is higher - so I just ask if I can leave my car and it has never been a problem.)

I have also used the "park at a friend's house in Humble" strategy - not bad when it works!

When Fast Park first opened, they had coupons in the Chronicle for up to 14 days free parking (during that first month only) - and we happened to have a 12 day trip planned - that was awesome!

Old 12-08-2009, 06:25 AM

17,029 posts, read 30,911,890 times
Ive used Parking cent which I thought used to be the 'airport' lot, parking spot, the bus, and taxi. I live downtown so the bus takes 1.5 hours...too long, taxi costs about 40$ each way, parking spot and cents are not bad (6$ a day I think) but I know what you means about waiting for a bus...it only takes 5-10 minutes wait, but after a long flight I dont want to deal with a lot of crap.

Old 12-08-2009, 06:35 AM

8,376 posts, read 30,691,505 times
Parking Cents has always worked for me. Easy to get to from the Beltway. It's $6/day last time I was there, but it is not covered parking. You can charge it to the EZ tag. So 14 days of that is $86 + gas and a bus ride. The other option was Yellow Cab, apparently $102. Both of these are significantly less than $238. Being gone for 2 weeks and not wanting to deal with any BS, I'd do the Yellow Cab option-- but that's just me.

Old 12-08-2009, 08:07 AM

If I pay 8 a day, I might as well use the cab. You don't tip the cab driver? I tipped 10 bucks. Thaty would add 20 too the total cost.
The covered was just an idea. I'm nort sure if itr would be necessary.
If I checked into a Hotel and would just leave, wouldn't they tow my car?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston