Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2012, 05:17 AM

3,160 posts, read 4,366,895 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KerrTown View Post
Told ya that Memorial Parkway (Harris County side of South Katy) houses the white trash that (elitist) Romney despises but needs the blue-collar, lower-middle class white vote as the base of the Republican party. Too bad that their party's mission is to keep them there economically or make them poorer.

If America was a third-world country, these people would be serfs/tenant farmers.

how about you take your political views and go back to pasadena where you belong ?

seriously.

Old 09-26-2012, 05:56 AM

498 posts, read 837,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by d2mini View Post
I dunno about the rest but I can tell you from personal experience that Fairfield<Cinco.

You can get more space for your money in Fairfield but you have to look at the details.
The trade off is 290, especially until the expansion is complete. At least now, the state is moving to have it done a lot sooner:

Quote:
The new schedule will have all of U.S. 290 between Loop 610 and Texas 99 all under construction by 2014. Construction is estimated to be complete in late 2016," Lewis said.
http://www.chron.com/neighborhood/cy...le-3787716.php

Until that happens though...

Old 09-26-2012, 11:42 AM

1,650 posts, read 3,804,358 times
Yes, we moved out of Fairfield 10 years ago due to that traffic, and there was nothing out there compared to today.
But looked again since my folks still live there and it would have been real convenient with our newborn, but there was just no way. To me Cinco was still much nicer and I'd rather be on I-10 than 290. Both suck but 10 sucks a little bit less. Didn't end up in Cinco either though. Chose a smaller neighborhood next door.

Old 09-26-2012, 12:50 PM

243 posts, read 487,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsmj View Post
The trade off is 290, especially until the expansion is complete. At least now, the state is moving to have it done a lot sooner:

TxDOT updates U.S. 290 project schedule - Houston Chronicle

Until that happens though...
While the 290 construction should improve things for a few years, it is not going to solve the congestion problem permanently on 290. The issue with the Cypress commute is that a large percentage of everyone who lives in Cypress has to commute all the way to the Galleria, Downtown, or Greenway Plaza for work. TxDOT is not building enough capacity to fix the congestion issue and with the explosive growth out that direction, I think congestion levels will not change much. What the construction will do is make the road safer and thus be less prone to accidents.

The difference between I-10 West and 290 is that many of the people that live in Katy work along I-10 in the Energy Corridor. This is reflected in the traffic patterns that ease up after Beltway 8 on I-10. 290 doesn't have this benefit because there are no business centers anywhere close to it.

IMO, this is why homes south of I-10 in Katy tend to hold their value or appreciate while homes in Cypress along 290 tend to decrease or remain stagnant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston