Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2010, 09:27 PM

867 posts, read 2,983,405 times

Advertisements

If I could give 100 rep points to that previous post, I would.

I lived for about 3 years in a Muslim country (Iraq) and visited 2 others (Kuwait, Qatar). First with the military and as a contractor, second with the military and the third for leisure. (And can provide pics upon request for proof.) My work in the Mid East permitted me to meet A LOT of people of Islamic faith, and not just those from the countries mentioned. Not to mention, I'm from Sugar Land which has a lot of Pakistanis and have many Paki friends growing up. Some of you, in order to gain some real perspective need to go live in a Muslim country, preferably one other than Kuwait or UAE (more 'moderate' Muslim nations). As some of you can ascertain from my posts, I'm extremely liberal, but I'm in total agreement with studiobtm's post. I even know of many Muslims who would (hesitantly) agree.

glorplaxy, go preaching love and peace on the streets of Baghdad and let me know how that works out.

Last edited by Alphalogica; 04-09-2010 at 09:48 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2010, 12:02 AM

867 posts, read 2,983,405 times
This is also one of the many reasons why I can't wait for the oil and gas industry (Read: most of Arab Nations' wealth) to go away and for us to move onto something else. I love this talk about how Houston is "Energy Capital of the World" when America's share of proven oil reserves is actually, percentage-wise, miniscule, but that's for another thread.

Old 04-10-2010, 11:44 AM

5,429 posts, read 14,869,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by studiobtm View Post
I am all in favor of being as tolerant of mosques as countries with muslim majorities are tolerant of synagogues, churches and Buddhist temples. Fortunately for you, and unfortunately for Western culture, US federal law prevents me.

But what could be fairer than reciprocity?

As long as the Muslim population remains around 1% of any given country they will be regarded as a peace-loving minority and not as a threat to anyone. In fact, they may be featured in articles and films, stereotyped for their colorful uniqueness.

At 2% and 3% they begin to proselytize from other ethnic minorities and disaffected groups with major recruiting from the jails and among street gangs [Europe, Australia, USA and Japan]. Six percent of US prison inmates are Muslim. They do not integrate, but work to build their own separate community.

From 5% on they exercise an inordinate influence in proportion to their percentage of the population. South Africa's Muslim population is 2%, but they control 35% of the businesses, a large percentage of the banks and have five Cabinet seats while Christians (77% of the population) have none.

They will push for the introduction of halaal (clean by Islamic standards) food, thereby securing food preparation jobs for Muslims. They will increase pressure on supermarket chains to feature it on their shelves (along with threats for failure to comply).

At this point, they will work to get the ruling government to allow them to rule themselves under Sharia; Islamic Law. The ultimate goal of Islam is not to convert the world, but to establish Sharia law over the entire world. What this means: If you are a practicing Jew or Christian you can accept islam, death or dhimmitude. Dhimmitude is a state of severe second class citizenship where you can legally be abused by any muslim and must pay a yearly tax - Jizya. The abuse is supposed to be limited to being slapped, having your beard pulled out and being made to work for anyone at anytime (among other things) but in practice generally is much worse. Raping of wives and daughters is particularly popular. If you are not a practicing Jew or Christian you only get two choices - conversion or beheading.

When Muslims reach 10% of the population, they will increase lawlessness as a means of complaint about their conditions. (e.g., car-burnings in France last October.) Any non-Muslim action that offends Islam will result in uprisings and threats.

After reaching 20% expect hair-trigger rioting, jihad militia formations, sporadic killings and church and synagogue burning (India, Mindanao, Philippines).

At 40% you will find widespread massacres, chronic terror attacks and ongoing militia warfare [Indonesia].

From 60% you may expect unfettered persecution of non-believers and other religions, sporadic ethnic cleansing (genocide), use of Sharia Law as a weapon and Jizya (infidel tax). (Sudan, Kosovo, Lebanon and Egypt).

After 80% expect State run ethnic cleansing and genocide [Western Papua (New Guinea), Iran, Biafra, Turkey and North Nigeria].

100% will usher in the peace of "Dar-es-Salaam" - House of Peace - as in Saudi Arabia, Libya and Yemen.

Once at 100% there is no going back. Under Sharia law, death is the only response for anyone who leaves islam.

This isn't "extreme" islam. This is what is happening right now in the countries listed above. It is what it is.

Disclaimer - for you people who don't see this as obvious - I didn't write the bulk of this post. I don't know the source. I have, however, verified these assertions and in my opinion they are quite accurate.
I believe that is from a book written by Dr. Peter Hammond from S Africa, who did these social studies on the topic. (but I could be wrong...)

Old 04-10-2010, 02:15 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,993,309 times
Someone emailed me the text that studiobtm cited. Interesting. Thats why I quite happy about our separation of church and state.

Old 02-08-2012, 01:11 AM

1 posts, read 1,738 times
Might be the wrong thread. In that case my apologies, but maybe you guys can still help.

I am looking for pakistani dresses here in Houston. Not from boutiques on Hillcroft, but stylish Lahore/karachi/islamabad kind of fashion......

Pls help.....family function coming up.

and actually my problem is that my in laws all dress well but would never share where they buy........so I end up looking like the ugly duckling....pleeeeaaase help....

Old 01-21-2013, 02:26 PM

1 posts, read 1,470 times
I'm looking to move to Houston also, and I want a high school for my children where they will feel comfortable, any suggestions on schools with many Desi's?? Thanks bunches

Old 01-22-2013, 01:32 PM

3,283 posts, read 6,066,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphalogica View Post
If I could give 100 rep points to that previous post, I would.

I lived for about 3 years in a Muslim country (Iraq) and visited 2 others (Kuwait, Qatar). First with the military and as a contractor, second with the military and the third for leisure. (And can provide pics upon request for proof.) My work in the Mid East permitted me to meet A LOT of people of Islamic faith, and not just those from the countries mentioned. Not to mention, I'm from Sugar Land which has a lot of Pakistanis and have many Paki friends growing up. Some of you, in order to gain some real perspective need to go live in a Muslim country, preferably one other than Kuwait or UAE (more 'moderate' Muslim nations). As some of you can ascertain from my posts, I'm extremely liberal, but I'm in total agreement with studiobtm's post. I even know of many Muslims who would (hesitantly) agree.

glorplaxy, go preaching love and peace on the streets of Baghdad and let me know how that works out.
could it be because Iraq just got out of an international war - that technically they are still knee deep in?

no one was suggesting Vietnam in 1969 was a nice tourist stop, but was it because Asians are a hateful evil race? circumstances play a role.

Go to Istanbul or Kusadasi turkey. 99% muslim, also a secular country. short of being on the short side of the stick and landing next to a war zone Turkey is a great place to visit. And the people are awesome. btw you will see jews and christians - and their churches/temples - there too. some even share the same spaces with mosques as they have been doing for centuries

as a military and military contractor you wouldn't exactly be a welcomed person, nor would you be privy to the real experience of being in said country. i could show up in Nigeria with a big Shell Oil logo across my chest and wonder to myself why people keep mumbling insults under their breaths or i could crack a newspaper open once in awhile

Old 09-11-2015, 02:07 PM

1 posts, read 674 times
I would like to know where all the pakistani's are living in fort bend country. My family came from California.

Old 09-13-2015, 12:07 AM

42 posts, read 101,282 times
Sugar Land has the most Arabs, Pakistanis, and Indians. I'm half Arab and have lived in Houston most of my life. That is just my understanding... SW by Hillcroft has a lot of restaurants and things to do, but the area is bad with crime and the schools sucks. Sugar Land has better schools and cleaner, but the commute into downtown sucks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston