Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2009, 07:49 AM

1,290 posts, read 5,439,417 times

Advertisements

I just want to let people know that there has been a rash of suburban burglaries (smash and grab type robberies when nobody is home) in the West to North portions of Houston (Katy on up to the North side Woodlands area). I know through the grapevine of at least four of these robberies in the last few months.

According to some local patrol officers, there has been a targeted ring of robberies in the burbs going after people of middle easter heritage. Apparently they are being targeted because of the high percentage with fine jewelry, and also because their passports are being stolen (apparently very valuable right now).

Might want to mention it to you neighbors of this culture, or if you are yourself, watch out.

Number one deterrant is the presence of dogs in the house. Also, don't keep your jewelry/passports hidden in your master suite. The thieves know where to look in the master area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2009, 09:12 AM

71 posts, read 143,967 times
I saw this on the local news TV last night. Apparently thieves are targeting home with people originally from India. Report failed to say if the thieves are also of Indian descent or not.

I remember seeing one of the home burglar alarm company is offering a "panic" remote control device that you can use just for these "home invasion" situations. I think that's a pretty good idea.

Old 10-03-2009, 06:48 PM

1,290 posts, read 5,439,417 times
Well, as an update to this, it looks like they caught a guy last week that police are saying is responsible for hundreds, if not thousands of robberies of folks of Middle Eastern or Indian backgrounds.

Old 10-03-2009, 07:11 PM

3,702 posts, read 18,220,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermac34 View Post
Well, as an update to this, it looks like they caught a guy last week that police are saying is responsible for hundreds, if not thousands of robberies of folks of Middle Eastern or Indian backgrounds.
They caught A guy who is a member of a Columbian gang that is conducting these thefts. I do not think they believe he did all those thefts himself, only some of them. If I recall correctly, the guys Joe Horn shot were a member of this same Columbian gang.

Old 10-03-2009, 07:37 PM

627 posts, read 1,622,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poltracker View Post
They caught A guy who is a member of a Columbian gang that is conducting these thefts. I do not think they believe he did all those thefts himself, only some of them. If I recall correctly, the guys Joe Horn shot were a member of this same Columbian gang.
You mean Colombian?

Old 10-03-2009, 08:17 PM

1,329 posts, read 3,546,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermac34 View Post
I just want to let people know that there has been a rash of suburban burglaries (smash and grab type robberies when nobody is home) in the West to North portions of Houston (Katy on up to the North side Woodlands area). I know through the grapevine of at least four of these robberies in the last few months.
Do you know if these homes had silent alarms? Were the alarms triggered or were they deactivated by the burglars? I'm just curious to see if alarms are just placebos...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston