Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2009, 05:17 PM

247 posts, read 739,058 times

Advertisements

The HOA in The Commonwealth rocks. Thanks to it we have gorgeous mature trees lining every street and lush landscaping in every median and all along the the sidewalks throughout the neighborhood. It makes me happy everytime I ride my bike. Rules are just a part of life, unless you live on a deserted island. Labeling every HOA a communist organization is just silly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2009, 10:56 AM

1,106 posts, read 2,664,186 times
Sickening. Just...sickening. People get a hair up their butts about the stupidest things.

Old 09-19-2009, 08:46 AM

27 posts, read 137,436 times
what you should do is drive around your community and take pictures of the problems the HOA haas not fixed, mail them to them and file complaints to fix problems, they will back off of you. They take to much money from us and they dont do enough work. Bring there own problems to there attention. However if they get them fixed then fix your garage and cut your yard asap.

Old 09-19-2009, 01:03 PM

4,246 posts, read 12,048,961 times
Guess the OP got booted out the house.

Old 09-19-2009, 04:24 PM

1,179 posts, read 2,068,506 times
I live in a pretty nice subdivision in the Clear Lake area. Yeah the HOA is very annoying a lot of times. I feel like they're my babysitter. No matter how old I get I will always have a babysitter living in a subdivision. As annoying as they are a lot of the time if you live in a subdivision it's still good to have an active HOA. Without an active HOA you will have lazy people in the neighborhood that don't want to mow their grass, don't want to pay anybody to mow it, don't want to fix anything that breaks, etc. Without "the man" keeping us on the right track I could definitely see the neighborhood going to h*** in a hand basket. I look at my HOA as a second employer. At work my boss makes sure I get my job done and I get it done in a timely fashion. At home the HOA (my second employer) makes sure I get the job done and I get it done in a timely fashion.

Old 09-22-2009, 10:45 PM

3,503 posts, read 7,521,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danieloneil01 View Post
Guess the OP got booted out the house.
I bet desertsun was indiscriminate with the hammer.

Ooopsie.

Old 08-04-2014, 07:42 PM

703 posts, read 1,242,697 times
OP, this is what you do. Get a piece of wood, 2x6x6. Have your wife or brother hold it against the other side of the dent in the garage door. Get a hammer and hammer it until it's almost gone. My parents home kept getting tick tack HOA letters, found it it's just a neighbor in the neighborhood that didn't like them. That's how it usually is. Maybe your neighbor secretly doesn't like you and wants to annoy you enough to move out. As for the weeds, either trim them or spread some weed killer from Home Depot/Lowes. After you spread it, make sure you water the lawn afterwards or the sun will burn the pellets and cause you even bigger headaches.

Old 08-04-2014, 10:52 PM

3,106 posts, read 9,139,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by huma281 View Post
OP, this is what you do...
The OP posted this in 2009. The issue has probably been resolved already.

Old 08-05-2014, 07:55 AM

217 posts, read 315,036 times
why not just cover up the dent so it's not visible. Just put a nude mannequin in front of it. That should stop the harassment about the bent int he garage.

Old 08-05-2014, 08:39 AM

1,922 posts, read 2,785,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1RB View Post
For the last few months my HOA has been sending me letters about a minor dent on the garage door, which is really small and if you look close enough, most garage doors have a minor dent or nick. They send me 4 letters at once for the same issue - two direct mail, 2 certified mail. It's become really annoying. This week they sent 4 letters (again) to remove weed from my lawn - the thing is there is no weed in my lawn.

When I call the HOA, it always goes to voicemail and they do not call back. How can I stop this harassment?

Really... old... post.....

The only way to avoid dealing with an HOA is to not live in an HOA community.

We used to get letters about our lawn being overgrown, only it wasn't our lawn, it was the yard 3 houses down. My neighbor right next door who kept a perfect lawn also got the letters. Seems it was easiest just to send out carpet bomb letters rather than identify the culprit and harass them only.

We solved the problem by selling the home and moving to a hood without an HOA. Only problem now is that my house values keep skyrocketing, and the taxes+insurance are about to be more than my mortgage payment!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: