Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2009, 12:28 PM

913 posts, read 4,346,535 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by texas7 View Post
If I had to choose over again - I would not pick anywhere that is slated to be right off the BW with easy access. As those hoods develop, the crime picks up (easy access). Many areas right off the BW that are well developed over the past few years are already starting to decline - I don't know if it is because once it develops, people pack up and move to get farther out or what -- I think its kind of weird the way that seems to work. I'm not talking about neighborhoods near the BW but the shopping and residential areas that are easy on and easy off - with access just sitting right there along the BW feeder.
Thanks for reply. The area in Summerwood I am considering is actually 1 mile West from the BW8 and half-mile from the lake. It is kind of in between and not facing the freeway, especially if it is going to be reconstructed by 2011. Thus I do not think the area is going to be any different from 1 mile off I-59 in Sugarland or same in Woodlands. there is still plenty of forest barrier.

Speaking of crime, my impression is that it spreads around where there is a conjunction of Chapter 9 and other unemployed residential areas. For example a "white, WASP" 77077 area now suffers a bit because of surrounding Chapter 8s, 9s and what not. We already had 2 robberies and 2 thefts for the past year at our apt complex. Where the criminals are coming from? I guess from the neighboring residential complexes on Social Aid.

So, assuming there is not going to be any "Chapters" around Summerwood, the crime should stay low?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2011, 02:59 PM

2 posts, read 3,883 times
Default Summerwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by behtypa View Post
Thanks for a reply. I have just realized that there is a railway going across the area. How often do trains go back and forth? How often do you notice the noise?
I live fairly close and the train doesn't bother us. Have noticed the sound only a few times in 4 years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston