Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2008, 09:42 PM

421 posts, read 1,733,372 times

Advertisements

While I don't share EE's misery I do agree that the weather is awful. I don't enjoy having to use the a/c on Christmas day.

I guess that this type of weather might be enjoyable for those that are acclimated to warm climates, but I am unable to get in the holiday spirit.

I would rather have a foot or two or three of snow, and if not that, plenty of ice and cold. Next year we are heading east for the Holidays!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2008, 11:21 PM

4,604 posts, read 8,264,415 times
Well, if you really want snow, you can pay for it. And remember, in 1836 what today is Colorado was then a part of the Republic of Texas.

Ski Texas ! ! !

You know the Colorado state motto...

If God had meant Texans to ski, he'd have made B'S..t white ! ! !

Old 12-26-2008, 11:42 PM

55 posts, read 168,887 times
We went and looked at Christmas lights with the convertible down.
lol
IT was fun.

Old 12-27-2008, 06:30 AM

15,217 posts, read 30,712,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MommiePreMed View Post
Next year we are heading east for the Holidays!!!!!
What would be funny is if you did that and then we had another Christmas snowstorm.

The weather sucked not because it was warm, but because it was wet and foggy. Winter's an adventure here, and you never know what's coming next.

I guess, growing up here, it never made much of a difference to me. Sometimes it was warm on Christmas, sometimes it was cold. People had a good time regardless. Then again I lived in a place where I was around a bunch of people who grew up here and didn't come from somewhere else.

Old 12-27-2008, 09:06 AM

469 posts, read 1,456,983 times
Quote:
While I don't share EE's misery I do agree that the weather is awful. I don't enjoy having to use the a/c on Christmas day.

I guess that this type of weather might be enjoyable for those that are acclimated to warm climates, but I am unable to get in the holiday spirit.

I would rather have a foot or two or three of snow, and if not that, plenty of ice and cold. Next year we are heading east for the Holidays!!!!!
I completely agree! I could not believe I had to wear capris and a short sleeve shirt on Christmas! We had to turn on our A/C as well.
I could not get into the spirit at all. At least I will be living in PA my next Christmas.

Old 12-27-2008, 12:44 PM

421 posts, read 1,733,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post
What would be funny is if you did that and then we had another Christmas snowstorm.

The weather sucked not because it was warm, but because it was wet and foggy. Winter's an adventure here, and you never know what's coming next.

I guess, growing up here, it never made much of a difference to me. Sometimes it was warm on Christmas, sometimes it was cold. People had a good time regardless. Then again I lived in a place where I was around a bunch of people who grew up here and didn't come from somewhere else.

No, the damp and the fog was not the problem for me, just the heat. I enjoy any type of cold day. Cold and rainy, cold with ice, cold with snow.

I lived in Houston as a child, but I always spent my whole break in a cold weather state. So I am accustomed to cooler Christmas weather. I visited Houston for Christmas as a teen once after we moved and this year was only my 2nd in Houston for the Holidays. On both occasions it rained and was hot.

Old 12-27-2008, 03:37 PM

23,052 posts, read 34,569,298 times
Quote:
No, the damp and the fog was not the problem for me, just the heat. I enjoy any type of cold day. Cold and rainy, cold with ice, cold with snow.
Me too!!!!! I'll take cold weather any way I can get it!!

Old 12-27-2008, 03:44 PM

10,090 posts, read 42,574,705 times
I grew up in Jersey...Driving in snow and ice is not fun. I've got no complaints about the weather... no matter what the weather, spending time with family and friends is what is most important!

Plus...what good does it do to complain?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston