Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2008, 01:43 PM

756 posts, read 1,882,284 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAlwaysSunnyIn.... View Post
Italian Bakery = Canolli, Biscotti, Pinoli, Cantucci, Eclairs (i know Eclairs are Frenh but Italians make them better), various other pastries and cookies.

I found this place, I will stop by tonight.

Nundini Imported Food Store
500 N. Shepherd Dr.
713-861-6331
www.nundini.com
Oh yeah, I completely forgot about that place. Yeah, it's not a bad place. Kraftsmen Bakery on Montrose is not Italian but they do make some awesome baked items and sandwiches. Three Brothers Bakery was really good, but they closed down after the hurricane; may open back up by February. They are off Braeswood. There is a French/Vietnamese bakery next to Pho Saigon in Midtown that isn't bad. River Oaks has a French bakery or two. Honestly, I am not much of a bakery person (because I would eat the whole store out and wreck any exercise I do, seriously), but there are plenty in Houston to find.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2008, 02:36 PM

809 posts, read 3,569,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topaz View Post
Where? Do you have a link or phone number? I would love to buy some of these for the holidays.
I've never purchased from them, but I was looking on their website and noticed that once you add an item to your cart, it will have you enter your zip code and then you add your method of shipping. One of the selections is "Local Pickup - Friendswood, TX - $0.00" so you don't pay for shipping.

Phone# 888-457-5447

They should pay me a commission if you buy anything...LOL.

CannoliByMail.com ~ Cannoli Kits ~ Delivering fresh cannoli to your front door!

Old 12-19-2008, 02:38 PM

4,760 posts, read 13,824,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexTx View Post
I've never purchased from them, but I was looking on their website and noticed that once you add an item to your cart, it will have you enter your zip code and then you add your method of shipping. One of the selections is "Local Pickup - Friendswood, TX - $0.00" so you don't pay for shipping.

Phone# 888-457-5447

They should pay me a commission if you buy anything...LOL.

CannoliByMail.com ~ Cannoli Kits ~ Delivering fresh cannoli to your front door!
Awesome! I'm definitely going to buy some. Thank you!

Old 12-19-2008, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topaz View Post
Awesome! I'm definitely going to buy some. Thank you!
Give us your review when you do! They have rainbow cookies too....yum!!

Old 12-19-2008, 02:51 PM

4,760 posts, read 13,824,454 times
Quote:
Give us your review when you do! They have rainbow cookies too....yum!!
I will likely love them. The true critic will be my Italian New Yorker husband. I'll let you know what we both think.

Old 12-22-2008, 07:55 AM

11 posts, read 92,659 times
I went to Nundini's. When I asked if they had any cannoli, the lady looked at me like I was stupid. I walked out and I will never return again. I found some at Central Market (HEB). They're decent. If you want a bunch, make sure to call in advance.

Old 12-22-2008, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAlwaysSunnyIn.... View Post
I found some at Central Market (HEB). They're decent. If you want a bunch, make sure to call in advance.
I was in a Cypress HEB yesterday and they also had Cannolis, but they only had 3 sitting in the bakery counter and I think they were priced around 2.99 each. I didn't buy any, but thought I would share. I'm more into Rainbow cookies, but now that I have learned to make them, I just do that.

Most nice Italian resturants offer Cannolis on their dessert menu - I wonder if you can buy a dozen without paying $6 each (or whatver they charge on the menu.)

Old 12-22-2008, 09:28 AM

6,884 posts, read 20,403,213 times
Quote:
I was in a Cypress HEB yesterday and they also had Cannolis, but they only had 3 sitting in the bakery counter and I think they were priced around 2.99 each. I didn't buy any, but thought I would share. I'm more into Rainbow cookies, but now that I have learned to make them, I just do that.

Most nice Italian resturants offer Cannolis on their dessert menu - I wonder if you can buy a dozen without paying $6 each (or whatver they charge on the menu.)

There was a place off of Arthur Ave in NYC that I used to get Rainbow cookies. I loved 'em! Aren't they supposed to be the italian flag or something? I can't remember. Anyway, it was this teeny little bakery and they had the best cannoli I ever had. It took a long time to get there (I was between 25th & 26th and it was in the Bronx) but holy mackerel, it was worth it.

Old 12-22-2008, 03:10 PM

1,288 posts, read 4,936,568 times
Oh I would kill for a good Italian bakery out here on the west end of town! Then I could at least make my own homemade Philly cheesesteaks...all claims of Philly cheesesteaks outside of Philly basically suck, usually because they don't get the bread right.

I can't believe Nundini's didn't know what (or have) cannolis? There just aren't enough Italians in Houston yet!

Old 12-22-2008, 03:27 PM

6,884 posts, read 20,403,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbhubbell View Post
Oh I would kill for a good Italian bakery out here on the west end of town! Then I could at least make my own homemade Philly cheesesteaks...all claims of Philly cheesesteaks outside of Philly basically suck, usually because they don't get the bread right.

I can't believe Nundini's didn't know what (or have) cannolis? There just aren't enough Italians in Houston yet!

I agree! My dad always said the same thing (from Mercer PA) but we always love Texadelphia!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston