Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2008, 06:18 PM

Location: from houstoner to bostoner to new yorker to new jerseyite ;)
4,084 posts, read 12,694,576 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by C2H (ComingtoHouston) View Post
Good call jfre81. This is definitely a case of the pot calling the kettle black.
Indeed. I'm glad someone else caught that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowmenace View Post
Lies and myths? If you were actually capable of entertaining divergent views, you'd realize that huge swaths of people who have visited and lived in Houston feel very much the way I do. They're simply afraid of voicing their feelings for fear of running into gun-totting bible belt nuts like you who dominate the suburban population here. Face it, you're only friendly to those who are like you. Moderator cut: personal attack
Well, someone ate their Wheaties this morning. How do you know sxrckr has a gun? Pretty presumptuous of you, isn't it, O Mighty Tolerant Liberal Who Sees All and Knows All?

Last edited by BstYet2Be; 12-21-2008 at 07:26 PM..

Old 12-21-2008, 06:27 PM

8,376 posts, read 30,728,744 times
It's been said the most miserable people are (a) far-left leaning liberals/degenerates and/or (b) hail from the Pacific NW. I'd say plenty of these posts within this thread pretty much verify those sayings.

But as far as the PacNW goes, I always wondered why that is. Between the stunning natural scenery (the best in N. America, IMO) and the BC bud everywhere... it doesn't make sense. You'd think most of these folks would be pretty darn happy in general.

Old 12-21-2008, 06:33 PM

4,760 posts, read 13,838,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tstone View Post
It's been said the most miserable people are (a) far-left leaning liberals/degenerates and/or (b) hail from the Pacific NW. I'd say plenty of these posts within this thread pretty much verify those sayings.

But as far as the PacNW goes, I always wondered why that is. Between the stunning natural scenery (the best in N. America, IMO) and the BC bud everywhere... it doesn't make sense. You'd think most of these folks would be pretty darn happy in general.
I am not sure if I lean left enough to be a degenerate but I did live in the Pacific Northwest for 10 years and I can say via experience that angst and depression are pretty much mandatory there. Along with heavy doses of smug intolerance of others. The scenery is indeed stunning but most of the time, it is difficult to see it through all the gray cloudy drizzly weather, hence the misery.

Old 12-21-2008, 06:36 PM

Location: from houstoner to bostoner to new yorker to new jerseyite ;)
4,084 posts, read 12,694,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topaz View Post
I am not sure if I lean left enough to be a degenerate but I did live in the Pacific Northwest for 10 years and I can say via experience that angst and depression are pretty much mandatory there. Along with heavy doses of smug intolerance of others. The scenery is indeed stunning but most of the time, it is difficult to see it through all the gray cloudy drizzly weather, hence the misery.
+1. I know a good number of people in Seattle and Portland. They're all on anti-depressants, or have been in the past. No lie. And they're not degenerates... well, maybe to some degree a few are ... but mostly these are moderately successful, normal people we're talking about.

Old 12-21-2008, 06:58 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,583,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topaz View Post
Well seeing that YellowMenace is from Vancouver, B.C. maybe that explains everything. And, Yellow, I don't understand how in the world you can say San Francisco, home of the NIMBY, limousine liberal is soooo tolerant. The many times I've been there, I've never seen Blacks, Hispanics and Asians walking the streets hand in hand. In fact, San Francisco has a place for minorities. It's called "Oakland". You are certainly entitled to your opinion. But please, save your holier than thou crap for a different forum. The blacks and Hispanics of our city, such as my wife, my best friend, my teaching partner would appreciate it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston