Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-28-2008, 10:14 AM

497 posts, read 1,694,134 times

Advertisements

I am 20 years old and Houston is one of my top choices for me to live after I graduate from college. What are some of the pros and cons of living in Houston? I'm originally from Memphis and I'm sick of living there. There is way too much crime, not alot to do and horribe school systems. What does Houston have to offer a young college graduate such as jobs, entertainment, safety, weather, etc? Also, what are some of the downsides to living in Houston?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2008, 11:18 AM

146 posts, read 508,963 times
Houston is a very nice place to live IMO. I would live on the North or West or Central part of Houston because the East & South are huge with Oil refinerys. it stinks but the West side of Houston smells like Food. It rains a lot in Houston & sometimes the City syrans gos off because of bad weather conditions & the smog. Plus one of my friends who lived in Houston got stabed & robbed when he was walking but he is ok. Houston has the Texas Medical Resarch Center which is the biggest in the World. The Doctors in Houston are great. Shopping is fun in Houston. Houston is building it's Metro Rail. The first of it is up taking you from Downtown to Reliant Stadium. You got all the sports teams in Houston. The Theatre District, Museum District. So many choices on Restaurants you could not possibly eat at all of them. Your close to the Beach. It's clean besides for East Houston. There is lots to do. I say move

Old 11-28-2008, 10:13 PM

8,376 posts, read 30,705,196 times
Hrefineries on the south side??? From Clear Lake to the outer SW side I'm not familiar with any of that, except for one superfund that is barricaded. If you're talking about TX City or Lake Jackson, that's 30-40+ miles out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston