Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2016, 11:47 AM

2 posts, read 3,445 times

Advertisements

Has anyone purchased a home in Estates of Promenade in Stafford? There's a new section that had opened and they are now pre-selling them. I want to know if that area is a good one and the price is right. How much % and what incentives they give. The price range is quite high (starts at 335K) considering that they don't even have the amenities. Nevertheless, i'm still interested since the area is close to work. I would appreciate any feed back from you all. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2016, 08:26 AM

3 posts, read 6,553 times
Default Purchased home in 1st Section in July 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roi O View Post
Has anyone purchased a home in Estates of Promenade in Stafford? There's a new section that had opened and they are now pre-selling them. I want to know if that area is a good one and the price is right. How much % and what incentives they give. The price range is quite high (starts at 335K) considering that they don't even have the amenities. Nevertheless, i'm still interested since the area is close to work. I would appreciate any feed back from you all. Thanks
We purchased our home in July 2014 from Westin. We ended up paying about $360,000 for a 5 bed and 4.5 bath. We thought it was expensive too, but its way cheaper than something in Riverstone-Sugarland (New construction) and Imperial-Sugarland (New Construction). We definitely wanted NEW CONSTRUCTION! This is by far the best value we found in new construction with the quality of the house. We loved the floorplan.Its all about Location Location and Location! (2 minutes to 59; 5 minutes to Beltway 8; 5 minutes to 610 off 90A).
Yeah the school district is average but my kids go to private school. We work by med center and its takes me 15-20 minutes to get to work ..YES 20 minutes!! Sometimes 30 minutes coming back.

When we moved in there was not much retail. But then Frost Bank opened up, then Mc Donalds and Starbucks (under construction). I love the proximity to First Colony Mall and restaurant options (all within 5-8 minutes).
And did I tell you the best part. My property taxes with regular Homestead exemption was $6002.00
That's for a house appraised at $400k. I am not complaining, but we love the way our house looks and feels. Although the AC went out twice (due to some malfunctioning); everything else was good in terms of quality. The AC comes with a 2 year warranty. I agree that there aren't much amenities, but the kids have access to a pool and a small play area. We usually take them to the park which is 5 minutes away.

At the end of the day we are very happy with the community and the quality of construction. Yes there was some negotiation but not much as the first house we looked at was sold, because we didn't budge on our price. Then we learnt a lesson and respectfully accepted the 2nd one that was available (which took a while as we still had to like the floor plan). When they say they sell the homes quickly, they do mean it. Its all depends on how quickly you want the home. There is a lot of diversity in the community, which is nice. All the neighbors are friendly and we some owners including myself (Estats of Promenade) have a group messaging platform to keep ourselves updated on security concerns, what's happening and to update others if they see something strange at any homes.

You can email me at siddji81@yahoo.com if you have further questions.

Last edited by siddji; 02-06-2016 at 08:35 AM..

Old 02-06-2016, 01:01 PM

702 posts, read 1,235,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by siddji View Post
And did I tell you the best part. My property taxes with regular Homestead exemption was $6002.00
That's for a house appraised at $400k.
Basically 1.5% for property taxes? How is that even possible? My parents home in a old neighborhood is around 2.8% and mines is over 3.5%.

Old 02-06-2016, 09:17 PM

88 posts, read 123,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by huma281 View Post
Basically 1.5% for property taxes? How is that even possible? My parents home in a old neighborhood is around 2.8% and mines is over 3.5%.
No city property taxes in Stafford.

Old 03-06-2016, 12:34 PM

7 posts, read 5,918 times
Hello all,
I am buying a westin house in Harmony, first time home buyer.. Being an Inventory home getting some decent incentives.. Anyone in this location recently bought a westin home? Trying to collect details abt expected utility expenses for a 3500 sq feet house with standard insulation features

Old 04-14-2016, 04:16 PM

1 posts, read 1,519 times
Default Home

[quote=jjsammy;28610574]We just looked up the Patterson model-elevation A with westin homes for promanede subdivision. We were offered 341k for a 4480 sqft house. We asked for a few modifications like a vent in the kitchen or maybe move the gas stove from the island to a side wall..but we were told we cannot make for any modifications ....they were not flexible at all....we were also told that we cannot these kind of changes at the design center also....we were offered 6% for incentives for upgrades/closing ...since they were not entertaining any changes, I am wondering what these incentives can be used for....with 20k I am wondering what all can be upgraded...I kinda feel that they might run those funds out with handles,knobs etc....is this normal with westin homes.????.[/QUOTE

I have westin home.

i am stragling with purchase from them (my all life is as a garbage becouse of them). they make car parking horrible way. They take out ur money and they are not responsible for there mistake (they can carrect but they don't do for u.) . They will say plan is like that. very very care full . I am not happy at all...with my dream home becouse of some body foolishness.

Old 04-14-2016, 07:12 PM

177 posts, read 201,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biju 1 View Post

I have westin home.

i am stragling with purchase from them (my all life is as a garbage becouse of them). they make car parking horrible way. They take out ur money and they are not responsible for there mistake (they can carrect but they don't do for u.) . They will say plan is like that. very very care full . I am not happy at all...with my dream home becouse of some body foolishness.
Que? Me no you understand.

Old 04-14-2016, 08:24 PM

277 posts, read 304,664 times
I have westin home.

i am stragling with purchase from them (my all life is as a garbage becouse of them). they make car parking horrible way. They take out ur money and they are not responsible for there mistake (they can carrect but they don't do for u.) . They will say plan is like that. very very care full . I am not happy at all...with my dream home becouse of some body foolishness.[/quote]

I completely understand this! They bought a Westin home. The stress that has come from purchasing from this builder is immense. The ability to park your car in your own driveway is awful, either to the way the curbs are designed and there's no curb parking or because you can't get out of your own driveway with out many hassles (poor design). They will not fix the problem after you pay them, so double check if you have any logistical concerns with the design close on the house. They have corrected issues for others, but if you've already paid them, they ignore you or placate you by saying the plan was made that way. Be very careful before buying a Westin home. Very disappointed because my complaints have not been addressed.

Old 12-26-2016, 01:56 PM

156 posts, read 154,595 times
Default Just signed...

Just signed our contract to build a Bellagio in Tuscan Lakes in League City. Very excited. We are doing our first design center appointment this week. Any one ever use their supplier for wiring Home Tech Pro? I want to pre wire the media room, cost is 450 to do the one room... is that worth it?

Old 06-18-2023, 09:21 PM

28 posts, read 25,889 times
Does Westin include screens on all the windows?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston