Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2008, 08:18 PM

84 posts, read 342,776 times

Advertisements

We looked at this new section 12 which is right behind Seven Lakes High School. This section has homes built by TrendMaker and DavidWeekly. We saw couple of homes by TrendMaker and they had very good deal.

Is it a problem buying home right behind High school? Would it be problem on resale etc for this reason? Right behind this neighbourhood is the School stadium with floodlights etc. Just wondering whether this is a problem or advantage.

There are only couple of families that are moved in there. I think it would be almost a year to complete this section. I assume we have to live with the construction etc for a year atleast until they are complete.

Anyone familiar with this section/area please give your thoughts.

Any opinions on Trendmaker homes as well would be appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2008, 10:13 AM
cla

898 posts, read 3,309,285 times
Being that close to a school will usually be good for resale - many people with children want to be closer to school. High school students and middle school students who don't drive will easily be able to walk home if they are participating in after school activities. However, I probably wouldn't want a house that backs right up to the stadium. Since there are only a couple of homeowners, you have your pick of lots. That being said, an apt is planned very near that section, and that might put some buyers off. I will send you a jpg of a layout that will show you where the multi-family sections are planned as well as commercial if you send PM me an email address - I am having trouble uploading files from the office.

Both builders have a good reputation, with the nod probably going to Trendmaker.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston