Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2008, 12:40 AM

654 posts, read 3,459,144 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know of a decent quality company that does foundation leveling? My home sits on a pier and beam foundation that sits on concrete blocks but I have noted that part of the house has settled based on the cracks I have found in one of the bedroom walls and ceiling in the kitchen and dining areas.

If anyone knows of such a company that does reliable work and services the Liberty area let me know. I have read about house leveling and how it can be done using hydraulic jacks and other materials but can be dangerous work too. And as much as I hate paying someone to do it, I may not have much choice in this one since I have read it can be difficult work. I just need someone who is reliable and who will charge a fair price to have the work done. Many thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2008, 07:30 AM

1,611 posts, read 4,857,587 times
The best known and most reliable is Olshan Foundation Repair although I don't know about their pricing.

Old 09-20-2008, 07:12 PM

6 posts, read 14,682 times
Did you find someone to level your home in Liberty? I just had a pier and beam bungalow moved to Montgomery and the house mover (Wooten) was supposed to put the house back together (it was cut in half) and level it...I provided new bases and blocks. Wooten did a terrible job and the roofer is telling me the house isn't level. Many of the windows and doors won't open, so it looks like I'll have to have an "expert" take a look at it.

Would like to find someone I can trust this time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston