Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2008, 11:46 AM

8,376 posts, read 30,716,284 times

Advertisements

Also- Friendswood essentially did what Farmer's Branch did, but took a much more PC approach to it. In the end it was a toss-up for us between Friendswood and the Houston side of Clear Lake as well. Clear Lake won hands down. Friendswood is nice, but still a little too country-suburban, like League City. And we all know country people do country things.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2008, 05:03 PM

34 posts, read 158,446 times
so basically even League City will be the same?

Old 06-15-2008, 05:15 PM

11 posts, read 48,135 times
I think any of the Clear Lake are you would be fine. Friendswood is a very nice area to call home. One of my best friends just moved from the League City area and relocated to Friendswood Oakes. The community is very diversified and has a real feeling of home. Everyone in the community is very friendly and welcoming. I however live in League City for the last 10years and love it as well. I like being close to all the area attractions etc. If you decide on Friendswood you will probably still be in the Clear Creek ISD which is a larger school district than Friendswood. In the Friendswood area there is a limited area that actually falls within the school districts boundries. I think you will be very pleased with either area you choose and the people are warm and welcoming I find.
Good luck to you and your family!

Old 06-15-2008, 05:25 PM

48 posts, read 228,817 times
I would agree with kim4man I have lived in league City for 2 years have 3 kids AA and have never had a problem we live in Tuscan Lakes and have a bunch of different race so you should be good in the Clear lake friends wood league city Area

Old 06-15-2008, 07:07 PM

198 posts, read 926,590 times
I grew up in Friendswood (in the Friendswood ISD section). There was very little diversity within Friendswood ISD when I graduated (early 90s), and my impression is that there is still very little diversity. Will people throw rocks at your kids? I doubt it. Will they hear a non-politically correct joke about South Asians? Could happen. Friendswood is very conservative, if you can't be friends with a Republican, then I wouldn't move there. Clear Creek ISD is more diverse overall than FISD, but I would look closely at the data for the specific schools your children will attend.

Friendswood (the area that is actually in Friendswood Independent School District) does have many pluses. It is still a small, family oriented community and pretty close to being "built out". It is a community with a high percentage of educated professionals who want their children to be similarly well-educated. Schools are good and get lots of support from parents and the community. People have money, so they are generally well-informed, well-traveled, etc. There is a lot of community spirit and people are generally helpful and supportive of their neighbors. I think if you are a professional and make decent $$ your family will be accepted and make friends without problems.

It's always interesting to read posts in the Houston Forum where people say, oh, you'll never experience racism, it is too "international" of a city. As with any place in our nation, there are plenty of racists from all walks of life.

Old 06-24-2008, 05:31 PM

8,895 posts, read 20,013,206 times
The thing is - you can find all of that in other part of the city as well - Friendswood is as good and fine for your kids as any other good area of Houston so if you like the area, you and your kids shouldn't have any problems or issues.

Old 12-19-2008, 02:35 PM

69 posts, read 407,117 times
It's kind of funny that I came across this post. A few years ago I was at the children's museum and I saw a bus of children who appeared to be Indian. The bus was marked Friendswood ISD. My impression was that Friendswood must have a strong Indian community, but it's possible that a private school may have chartered a bus with the school district. Either way it appears that you would not be alone.

Have you considered taking your children to the park or McDonald's? Maybe if you spend more time around the people who live there, you will get a better feel for whether it's right for you.

Good Luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: