Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2022, 11:22 AM

23,305 posts, read 18,837,889 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Htown2013 View Post
Thanks. Regarding tax I can get everything electronic next year but missed the cutoff from my company to get my W2 electronic this year. That is the one particular item I'm most concerned about.
Honestly, I don't believe your claim that you can't get a W2 electronically from your employer even now. Appeal to the company or ask your HR or payroll department for help. They may have more direct access to that information you don't.

As for not having alternatives other than the PO for your passport once again I don't believe there isn't a way to avoid regular mailing. What about the link below? Pay attention to the links enclosed in the FAQs...they give some delivery alternatives for the PO including a directory of local acceptance agents. You may need to drive farther than your local PO to make use of them, but if you are convinced your local PO is such a problem, maybe its worth it to you.

https://www.fedex.com/en-us/printing..._content=Renew

Last edited by Parnassia; 01-12-2022 at 12:39 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2022, 11:23 AM

1,915 posts, read 3,240,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtxg View Post
Wait - the Post Office is causing you medical leave stress? That's a new one I haven't heard of before. Has a doctor confirmed your diagnosis?
Well medical a bit of exaggeration. Really a lot of stress/anxiety. That's because a good friend of mine had his driver's license renewed in mid 2021. Post office did not deliver it to his address. Mail carrier either kept it for himself or delivered it to wrong address. Either way, whoever got it used it to cause him harm, causing him to lose a serious relationship and countless hours wasted on police, vendors, and credit agencies over many months - solely because the post office didn't do their job by delivering the sensitive personal document.

Seeing what he went through (PTSD), causes me stress/anxiety thinking about it.

Old 01-12-2022, 11:41 AM

23,305 posts, read 18,837,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Htown2013 View Post
This is causing me medical level stress. We work SO HARD - this is NOT FAIR!!!
I am not purposely trying to be unsympathetic here but part of this "medical leave stress" is due to the way YOU are handling the unpleasant, inconvenient realities of life. It isn't always FAIR. Who ever told you it would be? Do bad things like identity theft happen in modern life? Of course they do! You take what precautions you can, but as in most things, there's a point of diminishing returns.

If your everyday stress is getting so overwhelming you need to take action for yourself, not expect life to cater to you. It won't, so stop waiting. Looks like you are hyperfocusing on every anecdote with a bad outcome and tying your own knickers into a knot all by yourself. For every negative outcome there are probably hundreds if not thousands that are positive every single day. People just don't share them because there's no story...no news is good news, right? There are hundreds if not thousands of management methods and stress counseling services available. Make use of them and learn to handle your stress instead of sitting around being victimized by it.

If you don't get a handle on your paranoia OP eventually you'll get to the point you can't leave your bedroom.

Last edited by Parnassia; 01-12-2022 at 12:43 PM..

Old 01-12-2022, 09:03 PM

155 posts, read 149,318 times
OP is not kidding about that 77479 PO, y'all. That's "my" post office too, and it's a real problem. Anything really important, I mail from Houston, and have packages delivered to my husband's office in Houston.

https://www.click2houston.com/news/l...of-mail-theft/

Old 01-13-2022, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbheeler View Post
OP is not kidding about that 77479 PO, y'all. That's "my" post office too, and it's a real problem. Anything really important, I mail from Houston, and have packages delivered to my husband's office in Houston.

https://www.click2houston.com/news/l...of-mail-theft/
That is ridiculous! Tampering with mail I believe is a felony federal offense. It seems A LOT worse now than it was when the story was made. There has to be someone in authority that actually cares to clean house. For the police, if they live in the community, it can happen to them.

Crime is so bad here. Texas REALLY needs to enter the 21st century and issue Drivers Licenses at the DMV sites instead of mailing them through USPS. Let's contact our state reps to make this happen.

Old 01-13-2022, 09:31 AM

Found a link to report problems:
https://www.uspis.gov/report

We should all do this.

Old 01-13-2022, 09:31 PM

1,501 posts, read 1,770,670 times
So many complaints in the Memorial area too about this. People are having their identities stolen, checks washed and cashed for thousands more than what they were written for etc....

The United States Postal Service used to mean something. Scary what it has become.

Old 01-14-2022, 05:59 AM

223 posts, read 262,073 times
One concrete action you can take is to sign up for Informed Delivery; it sends a daily email with scanned images ( I believe from automated sorting center?) of the mail you should expect to receive. Won't "solve" any upstream issues, but could help pinpoint if something important goes missing downstream.

May not be available in all zip codes, YMMV

https://informeddelivery.usps.com/bo...o/start.action

Old 01-14-2022, 06:31 AM

15,438 posts, read 7,491,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hendersj31 View Post
So many complaints in the Memorial area too about this. People are having their identities stolen, checks washed and cashed for thousands more than what they were written for etc....

The United States Postal Service used to mean something. Scary what it has become.
A lot of those thefts are from external mailboxes, where thieves have figured out how to steal mail. They keep the items that may have cash, gift cards, etc, and throw the rest on the ground. USPS could change mailbox design a bit to help, and empty mailboxes more frequently.

Old 01-14-2022, 07:59 AM

1,501 posts, read 1,770,670 times
You are correct about the external mailboxes. There is also growing suspicion that there is also some inside involvement in which investigations are occurring.
I am not making these accusations, just hearing from neighbors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRM20 View Post
A lot of those thefts are from external mailboxes, where thieves have figured out how to steal mail. They keep the items that may have cash, gift cards, etc, and throw the rest on the ground. USPS could change mailbox design a bit to help, and empty mailboxes more frequently.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston