Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2008, 09:52 AM

4,760 posts, read 13,850,355 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan_176 View Post
The drops are closer in to the developed in the 90s areas of Sugarland near Missouri City. I can't recall the name of the development my friend is "the lakes of "...something...I dunno for sure....it is right on the border of Mo. City.

Anyway, they bought a 4200 sq ft house in 1998 for $360K and it peaked in 2005 at $520K. Since 07 they have seen foreclosures in their development and a new trend of where 2-4 familes are moving into single famliy homes to split the payment. This means like 8 cars in the driveway and some less than civilized people moving in.
That's interesting. I always assumed that the homeowners' associations have rules about how many people can occupy a "single family" home. Does anyone know?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2008, 09:55 AM

9,273 posts, read 26,547,023 times
The older ones in town do. Tanglewood won't even allow family members (ie. a whole family) to stay for an "extended" period of time. Of course someone has to report that first. They make allowances for children taking care of their elderly parents though.

Old 06-02-2008, 08:01 PM

40 posts, read 333,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by houstoner View Post
Meyerland, Maplewood, Willow Meadows, Willowbend, Westbury...
What are these areas like? I sort of have an idea of Sugarland, but what are these neighborhoods like? Do they feel really urban? Is it a safe place to raise kids? Are the people any different, more liberal, etc? And about how long would it take to get to Bellaire?

Old 06-02-2008, 08:21 PM

448 posts, read 1,590,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiestymama View Post
What are these areas like? I sort of have an idea of Sugarland, but what are these neighborhoods like? Do they feel really urban? Is it a safe place to raise kids? Are the people any different, more liberal, etc? And about how long would it take to get to Bellaire?
It would take less than 5 minutes to get to bellaire from Westbury, Willowbend, Willowbrook, Willowmeadow. The neigborhoods are bit older house from the late 50's early 60's. The elementary schools and middle schools are fine, the high school leaves alot to be desired for right now.

Old 06-02-2008, 08:46 PM

Location: from houstoner to bostoner to new yorker to new jerseyite ;)
4,084 posts, read 12,704,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jflores View Post
It would take less than 5 minutes to get to bellaire from Westbury, Willowbend, Willowbrook, Willowmeadow. The neigborhoods are bit older house from the late 50's early 60's. The elementary schools and middle schools are fine, the high school leaves alot to be desired for right now.
Westbury HS leaves a lot to be desired, but Bellaire HS is great. Just make sure you're zoned to Bellaire, or be prepared to go magnet or private.

Old 06-02-2008, 10:02 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,626,437 times
I could show you some cheap apartments zoned to Bellaire HS. Just like Lamar. Anyone who wants to go there can go there. It's still one of the best HISD high schools.

Old 08-08-2008, 03:30 PM

15 posts, read 49,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by houstoner View Post
Westbury HS leaves a lot to be desired, but Bellaire HS is great. Just make sure you're zoned to Bellaire, or be prepared to go magnet or private.
Just how bad is Westbury now? I went there from 82-86...it wasn't half bad. Is that area over run with apartments now? I lived in a house right off W Airport and Hilcroft...is that a dead zone now?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston