Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2021, 03:27 PM

2 posts, read 2,004 times

Advertisements

That’s going to be hard to find because Houston is incredibly diverse! I would stick to SugarLand, Pearland, The Woodlands. You could also consider The Heights, it’s quiet and has a nice suburban feel with some good schools, Travis and Hardvard elementary are great elementary schools. My family is Mexican and we’ve lived in Heights proper since the 1960’s. We love the neighborhood and small town feel and have no intentions of ever moving or selling our properties. It is majority white now but that really isn’t an issue. You should check it out because it really doesn’t feel like you’re in the city and has some homes in your price range. Also, it doesn’t flood! And if it does, it’s minimal compared to the outer parts of the city.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2021, 08:27 PM

8,895 posts, read 19,997,888 times
I don’t think you’ll find any community in houston in the $650k range that will be majority Hispanic. Pasadena has a couple of high end neighborhoods that might fit your needs but the rest of the city is in the $200-375k range. Pasadena River Oaks and Cedar Lawn Circle.

Old 05-03-2021, 11:58 AM

1,179 posts, read 1,915,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJac View Post
I'm starting to think the OP is a troll. What he asks for doesn't exist anywhere in the United States. You can only get that "alternate reality" in Hamilton and Bridgerton... back to earth OP!

Old 05-04-2021, 12:09 PM

18,131 posts, read 25,282,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5326337473 View Post
My wife and I are moving from LA (CA) to Houston,

We've been priced out of California. You can't get a house in LA in our budget. We found jobs in the Texas Medical Center and at the University of Houston, and want to get a house in the area. From our research it looks like $650k can get us a nice place in Houston.

So in short we're looking for a quiet leafy suburban area with nice single family homes and big backyards. Lots of families, children, and good schools. We want all this, with a Hispanic (preferably Mexican) majority. Greater Houston is plurality Hispanic so that shouldn't be too hard.

In our early 30s. Not interested in nightlife or the craziness of the city. Quiet, comfortable, safe, walk down the street at 3am with no worries. Our kids are 14 months and 3 years old. Both our families are Mexican, we're native Spanish speakers, and we'd feel really comfortable in a community where most people are Hispanic. No offense to other races.
I already gave you the answer ... The Woodlands
lots of rich mexicans live there

Old 05-04-2021, 02:06 PM

5,614 posts, read 4,939,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
I already gave you the answer ... The Woodlands
lots of rich mexicans live there
Yes but a majority? The OP was really looking for an area that was dominantly Hispanic / Latino. The Woodlands does not qualify.

Old 05-05-2021, 08:57 AM

18,131 posts, read 25,282,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LocalPlanner View Post
Yes but a majority? The OP was really looking for an area that was dominantly Hispanic / Latino. The Woodlands does not qualify.
Ok, good luck then
OP is not going to find that place unless he moves to Mexico.

Old 05-05-2021, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
Ok, good luck then
OP is not going to find that place unless he moves to Mexico.
I gave them an answer - North Katy. It may not be upscale, but it is middle class and largely quiet (despite the ridiculous antipathy it gets in this forum) and plurality Hispanic, in some parts majority.

Old 05-05-2021, 12:34 PM

6,474 posts, read 4,073,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LocalPlanner View Post
I gave them an answer - North Katy. It may not be upscale, but it is middle class and largely quiet (despite the ridiculous antipathy it gets in this forum) and plurality Hispanic, in some parts majority.
This is all true. Some parts of South Katy are also plurality Hispanic.
Katy ISD overall is
32.9% White, 35.9% Hispanic, 15.8% Asian, 11.6% African American and 3.3% 2 or more races and it's highly rate.
Spring Branch also seems to be decent school district that's 59.3% Hispanic, although the better areas are more white, and it seems their's a pretty thin line between the struggling 90% Hispanic areas, the decent White/Hispanic areas, and the millionaire areas that are a supermajority white.

Old 05-05-2021, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NigerianNightmare View Post
This is all true. Some parts of South Katy are also plurality Hispanic.
Katy ISD overall is
32.9% White, 35.9% Hispanic, 15.8% Asian, 11.6% African American and 3.3% 2 or more races and it's highly rate.
Spring Branch also seems to be decent school district that's 59.3% Hispanic, although the better areas are more white, and it seems their's a pretty thin line between the struggling 90% Hispanic areas, the decent White/Hispanic areas, and the millionaire areas that are a supermajority white.
The Northbrook HS zone is going to be pretty much Hispanic and low income to working class. Spring Woods HS zone may be the most mixed for single family. I think any single family zoned to Memorial HS is going to be pretty much Anglo, though maybe there's still some old apartments that might be Hispanic / Latino.

Old 05-05-2021, 05:45 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,556,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5326337473 View Post
In our early 30s. Not interested in nightlife or the craziness of the city. Quiet, comfortable, safe, walk down the street at 3am with no worries.
First of all, where you're looking at, you're "in the craziness of the city" or you're in a place where you're not walking anywhere because there's no pedestrian infrastructure outside of some trail in your subdivision. It's not walking a street, in any case.

There really isn't a place around Houston that meets your criteria, so strictly speaking. If you posted this in the Chicago forum, I'd say look at Cicero. 80 percent of the population is of Mexican descent, in whole or part, with considerably lower crime rates than the parts of Chicago city proper to the north and east of it. It's got an urban street grid and a sense of walkability, and with transit connections into the city.

In Houston, you'll be around all kinds of people, and some of them are Hispanic and/or speak Spanish. There are enough of them to sustain Hispanic-oriented business throughout much of the area, even in the burbs.
But as far as where Mexicans and/or Hispanics in general are a majority, after some decidedly blue-collar industrial suburbs like Galena Park, I'm drawing a blank.

Quote:
it's hard to find commonalities with the working class folk.
Also, a little humility goes a long way, wherever you do go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston