Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-06-2008, 04:40 PM

279 posts, read 1,166,582 times

Advertisements

Does anybody know of a website that is free to search for HUD homes in NJ and Texas? Everytime I find one they want me to pay to get in.

Are HUD homes the same as foreclosed homes?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2008, 05:04 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,775,294 times
You are right, they all charge to access the listings. You can instead contact HUD directly and the list is free. But no one knows this because HUD does not advertise. I dont know about Texas but you also asked about NJ. In NJ you have to have a licensed Realtor represent you to put an offer on a HUD home. In most cases the Realtor has to let you in since they have the code for the Supra box. Many times I just crawled into a window since most are always broken. If you break into a home though, make sure you are carrying a clip board so you look official rather then looking like a burglar and some one will call oinker on you.

I can tell you something else. I been flipping homes since before it became a house hold word and made into a TV program on TLC. I looked at many HUD homes in NJ, VA and one in TX and bought only one in VA. HUD lists them at market value as if it were a red ribbon deal. We all know they are the farthest from a red ribbon deal. Most HUD homes were abandoned by their previous owners who got mad at the world when they lost their jobs or medical reasons or whatever. And they took it out on the house to spite the lender. HUD homes are almost all DUMPS !!!!!

In this market the banks are swamped with homes they had to take back by the thousands of those who were upside down on their mortgages and just abandoned ship. Start with your own bank you deal with. Ask for their list which most states call REOs

Be carefull with the HUD homes. They are marketed at full red ribbon price but that dont mean you pay that. You will be putting in an offer and wait usually 10 days for the bank to accept or reject. At least in Texas I know it is 10 days because I had my eye on one in Bay Colony on the water. This place is in condemmed condition and got no bids. But they are the best ones. No Realtor wants to show it and no home buyers will even get out of the car to look at it. Which means you would be the lone bidder and you bid real real low...... right?

Good luck to you...........

And good move from NJ to Texas.

Old 04-06-2008, 07:39 PM

3,702 posts, read 18,262,338 times
Go here and you can find links (free) to HUD homes as well as others:
Homes for Sale - HUD

Old 04-07-2008, 12:05 PM

1,461 posts, read 5,613,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poltracker View Post
Go here and you can find links (free) to HUD homes as well as others:
Homes for Sale - HUD
http://www.newbidselect.com/

Old 04-08-2008, 09:39 PM

279 posts, read 1,166,582 times
Well i'm not sure I want to do this now since all HUD's are ghetto and dumps.
I was under the impression they were foreclosed and some forclosures I looked at weren't so bad. I guess HUD is the worse of it. I'm not so sure about that, but I'll look into to see what they look like.

Old 04-09-2008, 07:30 AM

1,461 posts, read 5,613,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by audig4 View Post
I was under the impression they were foreclosed and some forclosures I looked at weren't so bad. I guess HUD is the worse of it. I'm not so sure about that, but I'll look into to see what they look like.
Majority of Foreclosures will have a addendum which states as is. Don't be fooled by the appearance of a home, as the home may have some defects that are not visible. Make sure you have it inspected.

Old 04-09-2008, 03:00 PM

551 posts, read 2,732,982 times
Quote:
HUD homes are basically foreclosure houses that were financed through FHA loans (Freddie Mac/Fannie Mae). There are a few HUD homes that aren't that bad -- at least compared to other foreclosure houses. A lot of it really depends on the area you are looking in.

Old 04-09-2008, 07:05 PM

637 posts, read 3,244,042 times
Quote:
Does anybody know of a website that is free to search for HUD homes in NJ and Texas? Everytime I find one they want me to pay to get in.

Are HUD homes the same as foreclosed homes?
Here is another site to view HUD homes in TX and yes they are foreclosures
Southwest Alliance of Asset Managers, LLC
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: