Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-30-2008, 06:21 PM

2,547 posts, read 4,050,730 times

Advertisements

Anyone have thoughts on the Crystal Lake subdivision in Pearland? I've looked at a number of neighborhoods in Pearland; I like Silverlake best so far but am exploring other options. Love to hear from Pearlanders what they think...
thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2008, 11:36 AM

5,429 posts, read 14,837,799 times
I'm wondering people's opinions as well on Pearland area neighborhoods - I have friends looking in Lakes of Savannah... what about Silverlake and others? They'd love to get some feedback from others, especially people living there. They have a young child entering elementary in a few years so the school is important.

Old 04-30-2008, 09:34 AM

1,748 posts, read 2,478,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJP View Post
I'm wondering people's opinions as well on Pearland area neighborhoods - I have friends looking in Lakes of Savannah... what about Silverlake and others? They'd love to get some feedback from others, especially people living there. They have a young child entering elementary in a few years so the school is important.
Lakes of Savannah is a beautiful area but personally I would not move there because of the schools. I hear they're building a new elementary school for that subdivision but no word on a new middle school. Tell your friend to look at Silverlake and Silvercreek. Lakes of Highland Glen is nice as well.

Old 05-01-2008, 03:07 PM

2 posts, read 9,658 times
We moved to Silverlake from Houston about 3 years ago. Love it. Always feel safe and close enough to Houston to run in to town if I have to. You'll see folks walking and jogging at all hours of the morning and evening. Lots of people here in the daytime too, which I like.

Old 07-03-2008, 11:27 AM

7 posts, read 19,391 times
I am a Pearland Realtor but sold new homes for 13 years in the area. I actually sold most of the (DW) homes in Crystal Lake originally and have resold some since. I have always loved the community. I also sold parts of Silverlake, Savannah, Claremont, and intown communities for several builders. Crystal Lake has alot of charm due to only having 137 homes and the spring fed 40 foot deep lake full of bass, perch & bluegill. Most people are original owners from 10 years ago. Homes were built by David Weekley Homes and Morrison (now Taylor Morrison) Homes and range from 2000-almost 4500 square feet. There were only 40 homes on the lake. Half Morrison Half Weekly. Great access to Beltway & 518 however Sat/Sun funeral traffic can be a minus, there is a back way in & out of community for homeowners that goes straight to JCPenney shopping, and restaurants. New Pearland ISD high school is being built nearby. I'd be glad to help your current realtor or would suggest getting a realtor from the area in which you are looking. I'd love to help you, I believe in telling the facts so that my new neighbors are happy and refer in the future :0)

Old 07-03-2008, 08:39 PM

2,547 posts, read 4,050,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrier View Post
I am a Pearland Realtor but sold new homes for 13 years in the area. I actually sold most of the (DW) homes in Crystal Lake originally and have resold some since. I have always loved the community. I also sold parts of Silverlake, Savannah, Claremont, and intown communities for several builders. Crystal Lake has alot of charm due to only having 137 homes and the spring fed 40 foot deep lake full of bass, perch & bluegill. Most people are original owners from 10 years ago. Homes were built by David Weekley Homes and Morrison (now Taylor Morrison) Homes and range from 2000-almost 4500 square feet. There were only 40 homes on the lake. Half Morrison Half Weekly. Great access to Beltway & 518 however Sat/Sun funeral traffic can be a minus, there is a back way in & out of community for homeowners that goes straight to JCPenney shopping, and restaurants. New Pearland ISD high school is being built nearby. I'd be glad to help your current realtor or would suggest getting a realtor from the area in which you are looking. I'd love to help you, I believe in telling the facts so that my new neighbors are happy and refer in the future :0)
thanks, that's very helpful information!

Old 03-27-2009, 06:56 PM

2 posts, read 11,714 times
Kerrier, what about the boutique subdivision, Avalon Terrace? I believe Meritage and Pride are building in that area, David Weekly was building but pulled out because ROI wasn't enough. Also new subdivision across from middle school, Cambridge Lake is building. Any thoughts?

Old 03-28-2009, 06:07 AM

480 posts, read 1,698,356 times
Some clarification about Pearland: Lakes of Savannah is not in the Pearland City limits. Also, most of Silverlake is not in the Pearland city limits, either. This means you will not have the same services as subdivisions located inside the city. For example, law enforcement. LoS and most of Silverlake are in the jurisdiction of the Brazoria Co. Sheriff. Be very sure you understand this.

Avalon Terrace is inside Pearland. We considered building there in 2007 but decided against it for several reasons, including:

1. No fence around the property boundaries.
2. Close proximity to that factory just east of it.
3. No quick access to a major road into Houston (i.e. "trapped" on 518)
4. Future problems of noise, pollution, etc. when those nice open grassy areas along the front of Avalon Terrace are transformed into commerical properties (yes, they are slated to be sold for commercial development).

Too bad to hear Weekley has pulled out of there.

To the OP: I'm not sure where your work is located, but if it's in the direction of Houston then you should seriously consider Pearland's west side, like Shadowcreek Ranch or Southern Trails (where I live). Those subdivisions are inside the Pearland city limits, although we use the Alvin ISD (which is still good).

Good luck in your home search.

Old 03-30-2009, 05:56 AM

10 posts, read 32,502 times
I live in Silvercreek and love the area.

Old 03-30-2009, 08:10 AM

58 posts, read 241,664 times
I live in Lakes of Highland Glen and am very happy. It's a newer development in an older part of the city, and it doesn't have the traffic problems that the west side has.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston