Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2017, 02:04 PM

13 posts, read 9,391 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone. I'm new here. I'm currently residing in Manhattan but may be interested in relocating to Houston soon. I have been living in New York for most of my life and love it here, but it is getting extremely expensive. So Houston is one of my options. With that being said. I have very specific requirements in the area or neighborhood where I plan on purchasing a home. I'm a mid-aged caucasian female and prefer to be in a neighborhood with other caucasians that are not of the conservative type, since I'm mostly liberal. I don't want to live around country/farmer people or rednecks, especially people who are born and raised from the south. I don't mix at all with these kind of people. I also want to stay away from Mexicans and blacks too. It's just my personal preference. I would love to be around modern, liberal, caucasians and Asians who I can get to know and possibly hangout with and become friends. I've done a bit of research, and areas I want to stay clear of are Alief, Missouri City, Sugar Land, Stafford, Humble, Rosenberg. I'm not into the cowboy, southern all american country farmer lifestyle at all. So looking for people who shares similar tastes and ideas as me is important. I'm a fashion designer, so I'm looking to be in a neighborhood that's trendy with people who are into tasteful fashion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2017, 02:09 PM

1,614 posts, read 2,664,874 times
Are you serious? I live in Sugar Land. I am from the northeast. My mom was born in Brooklyn. I still have family throughout NY. I am not into the country farmer lifestyle either. And I am Caucasian. And Jewish. I also have Asian cousins. And I get along fine down here. Sounds like you are better off staying in New York.

Old 03-30-2017, 02:15 PM

Yes I'm serious, that's just my personal preference. Some people don't like being around certain types of thing. Like I cannot stand living in an area where there's people playing loud Mexican or rap music. Nothing wrong with that. Everyone has their own reasons and preferences for choosing a place that suits them best. That's all.

Old 03-30-2017, 02:24 PM

1,179 posts, read 1,917,131 times
You need to learn to troll more subtlety. It takes all the fun and mystery out of determining if you are seriously a racist or just a clever troll.

Old 03-30-2017, 02:24 PM

1,659 posts, read 1,244,298 times
Montrose is liberal, has middle aged people but also 20-something's, and its residents are vast majority white, and some have a creative steak. Try researching there.

Old 03-30-2017, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss_Val View Post
Hello everyone. I'm new here. I'm currently residing in Manhattan but may be interested in relocating to Houston soon. I have been living in New York for most of my life and love it here, but it is getting extremely expensive. So Houston is one of my options. With that being said. I have very specific requirements in the area or neighborhood where I plan on purchasing a home. I'm a mid-aged caucasian female and prefer to be in a neighborhood with other caucasians that are not of the conservative type, since I'm mostly liberal. I don't want to live around country/farmer people or rednecks, especially people who are born and raised from the south. I don't mix at all with these kind of people. I also want to stay away from Mexicans and blacks too. It's just my personal preference. I would love to be around modern, liberal, caucasians and Asians who I can get to know and possibly hangout with and become friends. I've done a bit of research, and areas I want to stay clear of are Alief, Missouri City, Sugar Land, Stafford, Humble, Rosenberg. I'm not into the cowboy, southern all american country farmer lifestyle at all. So looking for people who shares similar tastes and ideas as me is important. I'm a fashion designer, so I'm looking to be in a neighborhood that's trendy with people who are into tasteful fashion.
Could have also re-stated this as "I am an outsider who acknowledges the diversity of a given area but I would prefer the existing population/demographic makeup to change to curtail to my bigoted views."

Also, I like to spout off random, racially-charged stereotypes.

Old 03-30-2017, 02:27 PM

Montrose? I've never heard of this area, but thanks so much for the recommendation. Would you say most of Houston is conservative or liberal?

Old 03-30-2017, 02:31 PM

986 posts, read 1,273,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss_Val View Post
Montrose? I've never heard of this area, but thanks so much for the recommendation. Would you say most of Houston is conservative or liberal?
So you don't care at all about location or cost? Well this seems real.

Old 03-30-2017, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkLadyK View Post
So you don't care at all about location or cost? Well this seems real.
My next point. I was waiting for "my budget is $150k and I want good, white schools."

Old 03-30-2017, 02:32 PM

Of course I care about the location, which is what I stated in my first post, cost is a priority to me, but cost of living in Texas is relatively cheap compared to New York.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston