Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2017, 04:48 PM

13 posts, read 9,554 times

Advertisements

I've just looked at some Houston realtor sites online and I see many homes in that range. Houston has an inexpensive living costs. I've heard from several friends who have told me you can get a brand newly built home in a nice area for even as little as 350k. Not sure where some people here are getting their information from. Perhaps just making stuff up, and by the way those areas you listed are far from the places I want to live near. So no thanks to your useless information which doesn't help anyone at all. For someone whose calling out people as trolls, it seems like you can't get enough of it. You must have a lot of time on your hands to feed trolls then. I'm looking for serious answers and help. If you can't offer anything of value, why even waste your time with useless comments?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2017, 04:53 PM

1,179 posts, read 1,936,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss_Val View Post
and by the way those areas you listed are far from the places I want to live near. So no thanks to your useless information which doesn't help anyone at all.
No kidding? Shoot, I really thought I was making some good suggestions.

Old 03-30-2017, 04:55 PM

Quote:
since I'm mostly liberal. I also want to stay away from Mexicans and blacks too. It's just my personal preference. I would love to be around modern, liberal, caucasians and Asians ...
So you're just playing dress-up liberal, as it suits you. How convenient.

Old 03-30-2017, 04:58 PM

1,615 posts, read 2,687,181 times
Quote:
I've just looked at some Houston realtor sites online and I see many homes in that range. Houston has an inexpensive living costs. I've heard from several friends who have told me you can get a brand newly built home in a nice area for even as little as 350k. Not sure where some people here are getting their information from. Perhaps just making stuff up, and by the way those areas you listed are far from the places I want to live near. So no thanks to your useless information which doesn't help anyone at all. For someone whose calling out people as trolls, it seems like you can't get enough of it. You must have a lot of time on your hands to feed trolls then. I'm looking for serious answers and help. If you can't offer anything of value, why even waste your time with useless comments?
Ok, I will play. I live in Sugar Land, which you don't like for some reason. We have top schools and everything we could need, safety and more. We love it here. We have a 5BR home that we paid about $430 k for in 2013 (it was a new build). It is worth considerably more than that now. I have a great sense of community and great friends here. We are very happy. But, we are not afraid of associating with Mexicans or Blacks, or people who are from the south or who look different from us. You can find a home like ours or a bigger more expensive home or a smaller less expensive home in Houston or it's suburbs. Your budget will get you far. But, you seem to want to isolate yourself from the people that make Houston, well, Houston. We can all have preferences. I have preferences. But your preferences seem to not fit in with the Houston vibe, so to speak. And that is just me being honest. Not snarky.

Old 03-30-2017, 04:58 PM

Quote:
I don't want to live around country/farmer people or rednecks, especially people who are born and raised from the south. I don't mix at all with these kind of people.
Usually white folks such as yourself refer to another group or groups of people as "those people" (paraphrasing.)

A new twist on an old classic!

Old 03-30-2017, 05:00 PM

Quote:
HI'm a mid-aged caucasian female and prefer to be in a neighborhood with other caucasians that are not of the conservative type, since I'm mostly liberal.
Do you feel, as such an enlightened individual, that you too have suffered like those you openly despise? Have you felt the struggle?

Old 03-30-2017, 05:06 PM

4,900 posts, read 13,817,873 times
350k would get you in a suburb but the suburbs are conservative. Kingwood is probably the whitest suburb.

Old 03-30-2017, 05:08 PM

13 posts, read 9,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swopoe View Post
Ok, I will play. I live in Sugar Land, which you don't like for some reason. We have top schools and everything we could need, safety and more. We love it here. We have a 5BR home that we paid about $430 k for in 2013 (it was a new build). It is worth considerably more than that now. I have a great sense of community and great friends here. We are very happy. But, we are not afraid of associating with Mexicans or Blacks, or people who are from the south or who look different from us. You can find a home like ours or a bigger more expensive home or a smaller less expensive home in Houston or it's suburbs. Your budget will get you far. But, you seem to want to isolate yourself from the people that make Houston, well, Houston. We can all have preferences. I have preferences. But your preferences seem to not fit in with the Houston vibe, so to speak. And that is just me being honest. Not snarky.
Thanks so much for your input, this is the kind of response I was looking for. I haven't looked into Sugarland much, but thanks for putting it out there. I will do some more research in this area to see it's demographics. I tend to like and get along better with caucasians/asians from the Northeast and Westcoast. Not really into making friends or associating myself with people from the South. So if I can find a decent neighborhood with these kind of people, then that is a good outlook for me. And as far for Mexicans and Blacks, well I don't really like their style or "vibe" or way of life if you get what I'm saying. It doesn't match me at all, so I prefer to keep myself away from them.

Old 03-30-2017, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Thanks so much for your input, this is the kind of response I was looking for. I haven't looked into Sugarland much, but thanks for putting it out there. I will do some more research in this area to see it's demographics. I tend to like and get along better with caucasians/asians from the Northeast and Westcoast. Not really into making friends or associating myself with people from the South. So if I can find a decent neighborhood with these kind of people, then that is a good outlook for me. And as far for Mexicans and Blacks, well I don't really like their style or "vibe" or way of life if you get what I'm saying. It doesn't match me at all, so I prefer to keep myself away from them.
Those people. These people. Me. Them.

Tell me, do you realize you're a closet racist (and by closet I mean with the door hanging wide open)? And seriously, liberal? I have far-right tea-party conservative colleagues/friends who are more open-minded regarding race-relations than you. This is perverse. I guess the mods are snoozing today.

Old 03-30-2017, 05:21 PM

Quote:
I haven't looked into Sugarland
Apparently you had, after you wrote it off in your original post along with Missouri City, Stafford, Rosenberg, Humble because there is too much color in those places.

C'mon - you need to level up your trolling and/or keep better track of your prejudices. Sh'ts weak son!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston