Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2017, 07:12 PM

1,728 posts, read 3,445,829 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liljo22 View Post
Most people that make comments like that forget how awfu their kids were when they were young.
My kids are older now, but they were never annoying to others even when young. My pet peeve is when I'm at a booth and the kid next to us just decides to invade our space by leering over. Geez, keep your fing kid to yourself, no not everyone thinks it's cute

Last edited by lipbalm; 02-26-2017 at 07:23 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2017, 10:00 AM

186 posts, read 209,733 times
Ruggles Green at CityCentre as a big open "lawn" area for kids to run around in while parents eat outside on the patio.

Old 02-27-2017, 10:12 AM

43 posts, read 50,495 times
Drix on Mason road in Katy where they have an indoor play area for little kids, and adults to get some decent food and drinks.

Old 02-27-2017, 10:42 AM

8,275 posts, read 7,956,673 times
I was also going to suggest Lupe Tortilla. I believe the El Rancho at Fry and 99 has a playset too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by houston-nomad View Post

It seems to me that people in this country often get into a real snit about the fact that children exist.
To play devil's advocate, I don't think most people get snippy about kids existing. It's more that many parents today think that the entire world revolves around their sprogs. There are places that are specifically meant for kids. Everything else should be assumed to be an adult place.

That's not to say kids shouldn't go to adult places (well sometimes they shouldn't), but if they are going to be there, they need to be taught how to behave like adults. Kids should run around and be kids at the park, Chuck E Cheese or any other place that encourages it. There's a time and place for everything.

Old 02-27-2017, 11:18 AM

1,179 posts, read 1,917,963 times
All Star Grill off of Fm 1093 between FM 1463 and Spring Green has an outdoor playground, and I would say the restaurant as a whole is decidedly geared toward families.

Old 02-27-2017, 12:13 PM

139 posts, read 155,887 times
I have these two links in my bookmark ...
Rest of the Best 2014: Houston's Top 10 Family-Friendly Restaurants | Houston Press
Best Kid Friendly Restaurants in Houston! - Your Cool City Houston

Keep in mind children themed restaurants don't necessarily mean your kids can run amok. Rain Forest cafe would be a good example.

Old 02-27-2017, 03:58 PM

8,895 posts, read 20,014,833 times
A lot of family friendly restaurants have added outdoor play areas and patios. If I knew my kids wanted to run around and not stay at the table, I'd seek out one of those type restaurants.

Old 02-27-2017, 07:07 PM

170 posts, read 194,549 times
Clays on Clay Road in the Bear Creek area.

Old 02-28-2017, 09:16 AM

17,029 posts, read 30,945,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by groovamos View Post
What a useless reply, not to mention wrong on the assumption. Restaurants are intended to serve people and make money, including people with family in tow. I mean why bother when there are people here to help.

Uburrito on Durham south of I-10 west side of street has a fine covered deck and an adjacent small play area with sand and playground equipment. Their model is you come in and build your own burrito. The ingredients are high quality and they have 4~5 kinds of tortillas. Good food for the money, not exactly fast food, but you watch your burrito being made so it is pretty time efficient going in and out. Have a beer while kids play, assuming you save half your burrito for home and don't stuff yourself.

The former name of the place was Mission Burrito.

No, you are mistaken. Most of my friends have grown children and they comment more than I about annoying kids running around in non-family restaurants. Mind your kids, waiters are not babysitters.

Old 02-28-2017, 09:45 AM

139 posts, read 155,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
No, you are mistaken. Most of my friends have grown children and they comment more than I about annoying kids running around in non-family restaurants. Mind your kids, waiters are not babysitters.
This is EXACTLY why the OP is asking for children friendly restaurants. Not sure why you feel the need to interject useless criticism.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston