Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2017, 10:04 AM

940 posts, read 1,909,608 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
Restaurants are not intended to be playgrounds. If you want them to run around, go to a place with a ball pit.
What a useless reply, not to mention wrong on the assumption. Restaurants are intended to serve people and make money, including people with family in tow. I mean why bother when there are people here to help.

Uburrito on Durham south of I-10 west side of street has a fine covered deck and an adjacent small play area with sand and playground equipment. Their model is you come in and build your own burrito. The ingredients are high quality and they have 4~5 kinds of tortillas. Good food for the money, not exactly fast food, but you watch your burrito being made so it is pretty time efficient going in and out. Have a beer while kids play, assuming you save half your burrito for home and don't stuff yourself.

The former name of the place was Mission Burrito.

Last edited by groovamos; 02-25-2017 at 10:39 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2017, 11:59 AM

6,870 posts, read 14,901,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by houston-nomad View Post
Based on the number of parents who are interested in this sort of thing, your concept of the business model would appear to be limited.

There's nothing wrong with some restaurants following a traditional model, in which families and other people all sit at tables, and some restaurants setting up opportunities for parents to relax and socialize while their kids play.

It seems to me that people in this country often get into a real snit about the fact that children exist.
As long as the kid is well behaved I see nothing wrong with them being at restaurants. The few that are being a pain I tend to feel worse for the parent having to endure their whining. As long as I'm not at their table they are pretty easy to ignore. I'm not a fan of kids and tend to avoid them as much as possible but I can admit that I've never been bothered by one while out eating. It's the adults that tend to be more obnoxious after they've had a few too many to drink and start getting loud.

Old 02-25-2017, 06:44 PM

504 posts, read 1,155,915 times
what we are building is a list of restaurants to avoid.

Old 02-26-2017, 07:26 AM

469 posts, read 1,104,853 times
Little Matt's in the West U area is very kid friendly. They have a small arcade and iPads setup to play. They also give proceeds to house families who are in town for their child's cancer treatments.

Old 02-26-2017, 08:53 AM

8,898 posts, read 20,079,006 times
While barnabys museum district has no playground, it is family friendly. That is fine, but when I ate there a couple of Saturdays ago, inside table, a couple's children were running down the rows of tables and their toddler came to our table -- only tall enough that only visible from the eye up above the table -- he stood there the entire time we ordered. I like kids but parents should keep them at their own table. Quite annoying when they don't.

Old 02-26-2017, 09:25 AM

10,064 posts, read 6,772,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
Restaurants are not intended to be playgrounds. If you want them to run around, go to a place with a ball pit.
This chat is intended for people who have knowledge on these sort of things. You've don't so just don't say anything. There's plenty of restaurants that let you keep an eye on your children while you play.

Old 02-26-2017, 10:06 AM

1,483 posts, read 1,736,165 times
Having a kid, I can totally relate to the need for this list. This list is not for parents who bring their obnoxious kids to a restaurant where the kid is not welcome. It's the opposite--it's just a resource for parents who want to bring their kid to the right restaurant, where everybody is happy. I don't get the criticism. And like azinwood says, you can use it to know what to avoid if you want to. Keep the suggestions coming...

Old 02-26-2017, 11:23 AM

399 posts, read 645,088 times
New Beavers on westheimer

Old 02-26-2017, 02:30 PM

469 posts, read 1,104,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaguaneroSwag View Post
This chat is intended for people who have knowledge on these sort of things. You've don't so just don't say anything. There's plenty of restaurants that let you keep an eye on your children while you play.
Most people that make comments like that forget how awfu their kids were when they were young.

Old 02-26-2017, 07:03 PM

1,728 posts, read 3,455,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liljo22 View Post
Most people that make comments like that forget how awfu their kids were when they were young.
My kids are older now, but they were never annoying to others even when young. My pet peeve is when I'm at a booth and the kid next to us just decides to invade our space by leering over. Geez, keep your fing kid to yourself, no not everyone thinks it's cute.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston