Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2016, 12:54 PM

8,899 posts, read 20,158,421 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by texas7 View Post
If you google map it, there are several extinct neighborhoods that see. Really close that I would t choose to live in. The op said less than 1/2 mile. I wouldn't live less than 1/2 mile despite the cleanup. There are too many similar areas that are farther away. To the op, I'm really surprised they didn't give you a copy of the contract the day you signs. They typically do. That may work in Your favor. I'm not sure a builder has to disclose the brio site if they are in an area deemed clear but maybe they do.
Okay obviously too many typos and too late to edit. Sorry about that. It should have said.

[quote=texas7;43753580]If you google map it, there are several existing neighborhoods that are really close that I would not choose to live in. The op said less than 1/2 mile. I wouldn't live less than 1/2 mile despite the cleanup. There are too many similar areas that are farther away. To the op, I'm really surprised they didn't give you a copy of the contract the day you signed. They typically do. That may work in Your favor. I'm not sure a builder has to disclose the brio site if they are in an area deemed clear but maybe they do.[/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2016, 03:06 PM

9,019 posts, read 14,421,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wstaffor View Post
First thing you should do is stop payment on the check. Because the first thing the salesperson's boss is going to do when they get that request is make sure it's been cashed. Then if they come back and say okay, then great, no harm no foul. If they say no, you can say okay, well, I stopped payment on the check, if you want it back I invite you to file suit. They won't, and everyone will go on their way.
This.

Stop payment on the cheque, and then you don't have to worry about it.

Old 04-20-2016, 10:50 PM

32 posts, read 39,418 times
[quote=texas7;43755800]Okay obviously too many typos and too late to edit. Sorry about that. It should have said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by texas7 View Post
If you google map it, there are several existing neighborhoods that are really close that I would not choose to live in. The op said less than 1/2 mile. I wouldn't live less than 1/2 mile despite the cleanup. There are too many similar areas that are farther away. To the op, I'm really surprised they didn't give you a copy of the contract the day you signed. They typically do. That may work in Your favor. I'm not sure a builder has to disclose the brio site if they are in an area deemed clear but maybe they do.[/
Thanks Texas7. It is my bad. I did not research much online, but after I saw it, I have decided not to buy there. I completely agree with you. I have received a copy of the contract with my signature alone. It was basically an offer called as contract and none of the builder signed it. Till now, I have not received a copy signed by the builder and hope that would work in my favor.

Old 04-20-2016, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wstaffor View Post
First thing you should do is stop payment on the check. Because the first thing the salesperson's boss is going to do when they get that request is make sure it's been cashed. Then if they come back and say okay, then great, no harm no foul. If they say no, you can say okay, well, I stopped payment on the check, if you want it back I invite you to file suit. They won't, and everyone will go on their way.
Thanks wstaffor for your advice. I accidentally transferred money out of my account and did notice it. I had initiated a transfer into my account with the intention of clearing the check, but after my research, cancelled the transfer. Also informed the builder not to deposit the check. Even if they deposit, the check might be returned for want of sufficient funds. Hope it should be fine. I will check on how to issue a stop payment.

Old 04-20-2016, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyyc View Post
This.

Stop payment on the cheque, and then you don't have to worry about it.
Thanks mikeyyc for your advice. I accidentally transferred money out of my account and did notice it. I had initiated a transfer into my account with the intention of clearing the check, but after my research, cancelled the transfer. Also informed the builder not to deposit the check. Even if they deposit, the check might be returned for want of sufficient funds. Hope it should be fine. I will check on how to issue a stop payment.

Old 04-21-2016, 08:59 AM

9,019 posts, read 14,421,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightpuppy View Post
Thanks mikeyyc for your advice. I accidentally transferred money out of my account and did notice it. I had initiated a transfer into my account with the intention of clearing the check, but after my research, cancelled the transfer. Also informed the builder not to deposit the check. Even if they deposit, the check might be returned for want of sufficient funds. Hope it should be fine. I will check on how to issue a stop payment.
Phone the bank, or go online and stop the cheque. That way you don't get hit with a NSF fee and a bounced cheque on your history. It takes two seconds to do.

Old 05-02-2016, 03:29 PM

Default Received the check back

Received the check back from the builder. Thanks once again for all your advice.

Old 05-02-2016, 03:39 PM

1,201 posts, read 1,240,522 times
Don't think that thing is cleaned up. A few months ago they were testing and found the contamination had seeped through the barrier. Though half a mile might be ok. they have some houses built way closer then that. I think the people who bought them are nuts or got the house for free.

Old 05-14-2016, 06:45 AM

2 posts, read 3,000 times
I placed an offer on a used property in the Ashley Pointe subdivision. It was a beautiful home, 4300 sf with all the upgrades. The home would cost $100k more elsewhere. Seller didn't disclose property was next to Brio. When I looked it up, it was about .25 miles away. I'm concerned that the EPA rated it as short term protectiveness. If I buy this property, would I have to disclose the brio site when I sell it ? Would you buy it if you only intend to live there for 3 yrs?

Old 05-14-2016, 07:26 AM

8,899 posts, read 20,158,421 times
No because 3 years won't give you much ROI. You probably won't have to disclose the proximity to sell but any buyer who does his or her due diligence will know about the site.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston