Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2016, 06:04 PM

13,384 posts, read 25,747,031 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaguaneroSwag View Post
What about Argentenin? seems like there's a lot of them.
According to the census, as of 2015 there are 6,324 Argentines here. That would account for .03% of Houston's Hispanic community.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2016, 06:08 PM

18,130 posts, read 25,286,567 times
Argentinians would say that there's no more Argentinians in Houston because Houston only needs a few thousand of them

Old 03-09-2016, 06:12 PM

Quote:
If this is from the 2010 census I expect Venezuelan #s to grow a good ammount by the next. Can't tell you how many Venezuelans I know that have moved here after the social problems that went down over there
There are roughly 20,000 Venezuelans in Houston as of 2015.

Even though Houston's Venezuelans population is growing, its not going to really increase in percentage of the Latino Community as a whole. The reason for that is because Houston's Mexican, Salvadoran, and Colombian populations are bigger and growing faster. In 2014, Houston got the below numbers from each country:

Mexico: 7,679
El Salvador: 1,669
Colombia: 866
Venezuela: 725

Old 03-09-2016, 07:15 PM

Disagree,
The last two years Venezuela has gotten really bad and people are getting out of there fast

Old 03-09-2016, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
Disagree,
The last two years Venezuela has gotten really bad and people are getting out of there fast
True, but well over 80% of them end up in South Florida. Houston may have the 2nd largest Venezuelan population in the US, but it still doesn't get the lions share.

They may pass Colombians in terms of immigration number, but they won't get to El Salvador, much less Mexico numbers.

Even then the Colombian population is 150% larger than the Venezuelan population here.

Old 03-17-2016, 10:42 AM

9,895 posts, read 6,595,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
There are roughly 20,000 Venezuelans in Houston as of 2015.

Even though Houston's Venezuelans population is growing, its not going to really increase in percentage of the Latino Community as a whole. The reason for that is because Houston's Mexican, Salvadoran, and Colombian populations are bigger and growing faster. In 2014, Houston got the below numbers from each country:

Mexico: 7,679
El Salvador: 1,669
Colombia: 866
Venezuela: 725
If and only if, these numbers pertain to just the city of Houston then I believe it. If this is greater Houston numbers, I say hell no. Colombians have not moved in faster than Venezuelans have. Not saying the data you found didn't have those numbers, but the data is simply incorrect. I'm not spilling beans but I don't think you have any idea how many Venezuelans have gotten here, and if the data doesn't have them down they just haven't found them. I think that number is very inaccurate unless it's just talking about the city of Houston. Because most Venezuelans reside in Katy, then Spring and a few in Sharpstown. I myself go to Venezuela often, and Houston is spoken of almost as much as Miami is in terms of people leaving the country. Like I said, I'm not saying the data didn't have those numbers. But if it did, it's just completely inaccurate, and isn't finding the thousands of "hidden" Venezuelans moving in.

Old 03-17-2016, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Disagree,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prey521 View Post
I'm half Dominican and live on the East side (New Caney), but I believe that a lot of Dominicans live on the West side, between 45 and 290. My dad is a Pastor of a big church in NYC in a heavy Dominican part of NYC and quite a few members from his church moved into that area. There's a great Dominican restaurant that we go to in the Willowbrook Mall called Punta Cana that's worth the 45 minute drive from our house!
Check out Ram-Z barber shop. Best Dominican barber in Houston

Old 03-17-2016, 01:41 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,215,611 times
Quote:
If and only if, these numbers pertain to just the city of Houston then I believe it. If this is greater Houston numbers, I say hell no. Colombians have not moved in faster than Venezuelans have. Not saying the data you found didn't have those numbers, but the data is simply incorrect. I'm not spilling beans but I don't think you have any idea how many Venezuelans have gotten here, and if the data doesn't have them down they just haven't found them. I think that number is very inaccurate unless it's just talking about the city of Houston. Because most Venezuelans reside in Katy, then Spring and a few in Sharpstown. I myself go to Venezuela often, and Houston is spoken of almost as much as Miami is in terms of people leaving the country. Like I said, I'm not saying the data didn't have those numbers. But if it did, it's just completely inaccurate, and isn't finding the thousands of "hidden" Venezuelans moving in.
I think these numbers are based purely on people who just moved from Venezuela and Columbia. Now, you may have had many move here from elsewhere like California though.

Old 03-17-2016, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkgiraffe View Post
I think these numbers are based purely on people who just moved from Venezuela and Columbia. Now, you may have had many move here from elsewhere like California though.
A lot of venezuelans move from Miami to Houston

Old 03-17-2016, 05:55 PM

Quote:
A lot of venezuelans move from Miami to Houston
Yeah. Agreed I know some of them actually that have came from florida. That's what I'm saying Petermonjello is talking like he knows the whole immigration and everything that happens in it. I know the immigration first hand.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston