Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2008, 11:01 AM

181 posts, read 866,722 times

Advertisements

Grew up there in the Spring/Klein area, went to Texas A&M for college and moved back there for work after graduation. Lived in the Galleria area for a year and a half prior to heading off to law school in Lubbock. I'm now at the University of Florida finishing my education (master's in tax law) and right now have a job waiting for me in NYC. I'm still looking for a job in Houston, as that's where I want to be. If anyone is hiring or knows anyone looking for a fresh new tax attorneys, let me know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2008, 11:21 AM

407 posts, read 1,736,621 times
I can't offer any job help but I wanted to say "Good luck and Go Gators!". Hubby and I are both gator grads.

Old 01-30-2008, 11:34 AM

Jane:

I live on West University and 23rd St. Terrace, about a 1/2 mile walk to the Swamp. I do like the Gators, love the Aggies. Hate the Longhorns and Red Raiders.

Old 01-30-2008, 11:54 AM

I can't even remember the name of the streets I lived on but I lived in Hume one year! I graduated in 90. My husband graduated in 91 so he was there during the murders. Scary stuff. I haven't even been in The Swap since it was closed it. We drove From Houston to Melbourne last summer and we stopped in G'ville to show our kids. WOW, we couldn't even find our way around town because it was so different. The kids really wanted to see a live wild gator. We tried but no luck. It's so sad that when I was there I couldn't wait to graduate and leave and now I wish I had enjoyed it more! On that note.... I assume that Century Tower still has all it's bricks.

Old 01-30-2008, 12:06 PM

I don't really know what Century Tower is, but I'm assuming it's the big tower on main campus. I'm confined to the law school, so I don't really venture on main campus much except to walk my dog or workout.

Old 01-30-2008, 12:26 PM

oh my, you need to get out more. The story goes that every time a virgin graduates from UF a brick falls off the tower. Enjoy your time there. You have the rest of your life to be a grown up.

Old 01-30-2008, 12:35 PM

That's funny because there's a similar story about Texas Tech's horse statue on campus. As far as getting out more, unfortunately I'm not in undergrad anymore. I'm a 27 year old getting a post-law school degree, so it's not really the same as being a 21-year old fraternity kid.

Old 01-30-2008, 02:13 PM

4,760 posts, read 13,829,811 times
Isn't the A&M network really strong? I'd start calling A&M and Texas Tech attorney alums and tell them you want to work in Houston rather than NYC!

Old 01-30-2008, 08:40 PM

10 posts, read 24,265 times
Default Questions for you texags

Quote:
Originally Posted by texags02 View Post
Grew up there in the Spring/Klein area, went to Texas A&M for college and moved back there for work after graduation. Lived in the Galleria area for a year and a half prior to heading off to law school in Lubbock. I'm now at the University of Florida finishing my education (master's in tax law) and right now have a job waiting for me in NYC. I'm still looking for a job in Houston, as that's where I want to be. If anyone is hiring or knows anyone looking for a fresh new tax attorneys, let me know.

1. Can you stand working with a bunch of Cornellians?
2. What do you need salary wise to make your way to Houston instead of New York?
3. And how do you feel about working at a start up firm?

Old 01-30-2008, 09:35 PM

1. Honestly, I don't know what a Cornellian is, but it sounds like a group of guys that have Ivy growing out of their ears. I think I could handle it. A better question is how do guys from the Ivy League feel about a guy who went to a state school?

2. Salary is negotiable. NY is paying $130k, for example. Obviously, I wouldn't require the same amount in Houston.

3. Absolutely fine.

If you really have something, I'd be interested in discussing it for sure.

Last edited by texags02; 01-30-2008 at 09:48 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: