Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2015, 11:06 PM

2,945 posts, read 5,009,264 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookTheBrotherUp View Post
Ha, true. Also, many people in Houston like to pinch other drivers off, I can't understand what the heck these people are thinking when they do that, this also causes delays. I do admit there is something similar to that which I understand, and that is when you've got the people who see a long queue of cars on the freeway that are in the lane that will merge with another freeway, but they are too important, so instead they ride the next lane all the way up the point just before the turn begins, and then expect to be let in like its owed to them. I just feel that if I waited five to ten minutes in a queue, then the person wanting in the next lane should also have to wait, especially when they knew there was a queue.

I relish the sight of a policeman waiting up there telling all those lane jumpers to pull over and handing out tickets.
Right!?!?!?

I say oh hell no. On the Beltway I AM the driver that straddles the merge lane. I always end up in the right lane past that last free exit at Ella. That's a section right after that where people enter and people act lik they need to ride the merge so they can jump over like they're the most important driver. I always straddle it when I see a car/SUV/bus/I don't care what attempt to pass us all up. Wait your turn.

It's like the jokers at a store for a new lane opening. Checker says "I'll take the net person in line" and the jackwagon at the END of the line gets over. Uh...no sir, no ma'am. The NEXT person in line is the person behind the current person in that lane checking out.

Jokers do that at Kroger at U-Scan. An open lane goes to the first person in line. That's just common courtesy and first in line is the NEXT person on deck. Back the F up and wait your turn whatever color you are or however old you are. Unless someone looks behind and sees that you have less items and says "Oh you go ahead of me" without that, stay your a$$ at the back. You are NOT next in line.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: