Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2015, 07:43 AM

45,660 posts, read 27,291,457 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRenaud View Post
What is the situation now and what is the forecast?? I have to drive in from San Antonio for business this afternoon?
Depends where you are going... I-10 is probably Ok until you get around 610... Then it gets iffy. It will be different by this afternoon. Anywhere near a bayou is very questionable right now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2015, 07:59 AM

73 posts, read 97,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRenaud View Post
Thanks!! It looks pretty bad on our local news. What if I plan it so I get there this evening around 7ish? Wish I had the option of canceling my trip but I don't unfortunately
There is more rain in the forecast for this afternoon, I dont know that it will be any better. I would imagine getting in around Mid day will be the easiest.

Old 05-26-2015, 08:23 AM

5,462 posts, read 3,044,045 times
Many cars stranded in Westheimer road close to Galleria. The Westheimer road exit was blocked by a car and everyone turned back and continued through 610 West Loop . I really would like to thank that Non-White man who helped clearing the traffic in that thunder and rain at 11 PM.

Old 05-26-2015, 09:31 AM

46 posts, read 65,218 times
I didn't realize how bad the rain was! I have never experienced rain like that until last night, but the roads where I live (Medical Center) seemed fine. I was going to take the train to work but the metro was closed, so I just rode my bicycle. The bayou was almost till the road level (I crossed at Cambridge near the Medical Center complex/Hermann park). I guess I just somehow avoided all the flooded roads/highways.

I am pretty impressed that it didn't turn out worse than it did for how long/hard it rained last night. I figured my apartment complex would have been a lake. I'm also glad I didn't go out driving last night as I like to drive in the rain. My car would have gotten flooded for sure.

Old 05-26-2015, 10:36 AM

4,900 posts, read 13,751,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hexadecimal View Post
I didn't realize how bad the rain was! I have never experienced rain like that until last night, but the roads where I live (Medical Center) seemed fine. I was going to take the train to work but the metro was closed, so I just rode my bicycle. The bayou was almost till the road level (I crossed at Cambridge near the Medical Center complex/Hermann park). I guess I just somehow avoided all the flooded roads/highways.

I am pretty impressed that it didn't turn out worse than it did for how long/hard it rained last night. I figured my apartment complex would have been a lake. I'm also glad I didn't go out driving last night as I like to drive in the rain. My car would have gotten flooded for sure.
Houston learned a lot of lessons after Allison which was like last night but over a few days period and flooded much of the city. You can never eliminate flooding in such a downpour but minimize the impact which I think has been successful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston