Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2015, 09:31 PM

17 posts, read 29,601 times

Advertisements

I was looking at buying a lot in the Lakes of William Ranch in Richmond TX. I am also considering Imperial (the Quiet Cove gated section). I looked at Royal Lakes Manor and Bridlewood. I liked Royal Lakes Manor but felt like it was out in the sticks. I liked the easy access to main roads on Lakes of William and Imperial. Riverstone and Sienna seem too far away from things. I am underwhelmed by the overall development in the Sienna area over the last ten years even with the Fort Bend Parkway. I am not concerned about schools as I plan on private. Looking for overall good value.

I am looking at good sized lot (over 14 k in size) and plan on a resell able Mediterranean plan. Although my intent is to stay 10 or more years at this house, I want to play it smart.

I am leaning towards Lakes of William as the concern with Quiet Cove is that I will be buying one of the more larger and potentially more expensive lots/ houses (never a good idea to be the most expensive lot). I do like the convenience of Imperial but Lakes of William spits right out on 59.

I did not see much about either the Lakes of William or Imperial Quiet Cove on this forum.

Regarding Lakes of William:

1) Would the upcoming outlet mall in Rosenburg impact the resale?
2) Although it has it is has a Richmond address, would the fact that it is 8 minute drive to Sugar Land town center mitigate this in terms of resale?
3) I am leaning toward a cul de sac lot without a water view. Half the homes have a water view.

Regarding Imperial:

1) Some are skeptical of anything north of the 59 in Sugarland. (I am not). How is the area around Imperial in terms of value, investment and resale?
2) Would the fact that Quiet Cove and IMperial over all being small impact its attractiveness?
3) Would the nearby Nalco plant pose an issue (it is almost 2 miles from my lot and about 3 miles from Sweetwater)?

Overall I was impressed by both but have seen very little information about either. I have been told both are poorly advertised and was wondering if anyone else has two cents about either.

Also are there any new upcoming developments in the Sugar Land area?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2015, 07:47 AM

6,720 posts, read 8,390,617 times
Schools drive most of the real estate in the burbs. If you want the best resale possible then go with the best schools.

Old 01-15-2015, 01:39 PM

17 posts, read 29,601 times
Even for lakes of william? my impression there was that most of the folks living in those huge mansions there send their kids to private school.

Old 02-05-2015, 12:27 PM

1 posts, read 3,184 times
I've heard there is a giant Car-Max going right in front of The Lakes of Williams Ranch...almost to the gates. If that happens, it will severely impact the value of the subdivision. Imperial is a master planned community by Johnson Development...a developer with a history of success. Imperial is conveniently located and well planned. I don't know anything specifically about Quiet Cove but I think Imperial is poised for success. I would definitely get more information about what is going on in the front of Lakes of Williams ranch before proceeding. The Richmond address is a bit of a problem for that price point. The schools are not bad...and most people will send their children to private school but I would not want to drive through a used car lot everyday to get to a million dollar plus home. I would try to find out more information about the property in front.

Old 02-05-2015, 02:11 PM

1,179 posts, read 1,915,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by athomesl View Post
I've heard there is a giant Car-Max going right in front of The Lakes of Williams Ranch...almost to the gates.
Source? I think TX-DOT might have something to say about that, what with the expansion of 59 and all that might cut right through this alleged Carmax's showroom floor.

Also, there is nothing inherently wrong with a "Richmond" address - there are $1M+ homes with Richmond addresses, hoss.

1st time poster, what say you?

Old 02-05-2015, 06:13 PM

2,189 posts, read 3,218,368 times
there is a car max coming (sign is posted) but this overreation to the schools is pitiful by these people

the crazy part, all these "exclusive" suburban areas have to congregate with the common folks..lol...have yet to see a strip center one with a gated fence around it

Old 02-06-2015, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbcu View Post
there is a car max coming (sign is posted)
I stand corrected.

Old 03-17-2015, 02:19 PM

2 posts, read 3,473 times
We looked at both Imperial and Lakes of Williams Ranch and liked Imperial's Quiet Cove better by far. It seems much more convenient and the planned commercial and retail development of the nearby old Imperial factory is very appealing. Plus Johnson Development seems to have a great track record of planning and completing attractive communities. While the homes at Lakes of Williams Ranch were beautiful and distinctive there were several things we didn't like. We were concerned about the congestion on 59 north of University especially during the afternoon rush hour. The new Carmax just outside the gate is bound to cause added traffic and we wondered if the lighting from the parking lots all night would be disturbing. We were curious about the adjacent paintball business and possible expansion efforts in the future. We thought this might have a negative impact particularly on homes closer to that site. And apparently there are plans to build a private gated enclave for members of one family within the neighborhood and I would want to understand more about how that would work before I decided to buy a house there. We liked the smaller feel of both neighborhoods. JMO. Hope this helps.

Old 03-17-2015, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarkinH View Post
We were curious about the adjacent paintball business and possible expansion efforts in the future. We thought this might have a negative impact particularly on homes closer to that site.
That paintball place has been there forever - at least since 1993 when we moved to Greatwood. It was probably there even before that. Can't say it has ever expanded though (to where would it expand?)

Old 05-26-2016, 09:34 AM

1 posts, read 2,223 times
Warning to anyone thinking about buying a home in this neighborhood! We live here and it has been nothing but a huge headache. We bought here because it is a gated community or was. My husband and I both work and are away from our home until late evening. We thought a gated community would give us some peace of mind. This community is about to start phase II and Mike Casey, the president of the HOA has decided that the front entrance gate will now remain open from 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM. It was voted by the homeowners to close the gate for various safety reasons, but Mike Casey and his board rejected the need of the homeowners in favor of his own financial gain. It is my understanding that if you advertise your community as a fully gated commuinty then there is an obligation to do that. The sign out front even says a gated community. I do not think that means a gate and an arm, but it is suppose to mean fully gated. This could be a legal issue from what I have been told. False advertisement/deception.

One of the reason for the homeowners concerns for the entrance gate to remain open was that there have been several breakins. About 2 years ago approximately 20 illegal immigrants were dropped off in the area behind the Oak Bend Hospital and the police came to pick them up. Never mind that the new cheaper guards that they hired recently are very inattentive. There have been so many complaints about their laizness, so lets just open the gates and let criminals walk right in. Some of us pet owners have also expressed some concerns about being so close to the freeway and with the entrance gate open our pets may get out and possibly get hit and killed. This HOA board could care less and they do nothing to keep the vacant lots mowed back from the residents's homes. They will mow the front of the lots for apperances and for new homes sales. This pushes the snakes back to the back yards of residents who have vacant lots next to their own. We have never seen so many snakes and mostly poisnous ones, water mosccasins, corals, and copperheads. It takes us a lot of time and energy to get the HOA to mow along property lines at least once a year. This HOA spends most of its time slapping the residents with violations because they have a beautiful water fountain in their yard, which they call yard art and they want you to pay them for having it. Most of the complaints that I have heard are from residents who have actually done minor things that improve the appreance of their lawn and not the opposite. This HOA wants money any way they can find it. What is funny though, one of the lake fountains has not been working for sometime and I was told that the service people quit coming to maintain the lakes because they were not receiving payment.

If you are thinking about buying in this community, I would advise you to check it out thoroughly before you have buyer's remorse like some of the rest of us. Oh yeah, if you do buy in here and then you decide you want to sell you are not allowed to post a "For Sale" sign, so please keep that in mind. The HOA does not want visitors to see a lot of for sale signs. They do not want the competiion for sales and could care less why you may want or need to leave. This HOA is extremly controlling and does not provide the services to the community, which we pay for and that is not a small amount either. I am sure that they would not like it if we only paid half of our HOA dues since we only receive about half of the service that we have been promised. My advise is to look elsewhere. Like I said this community has been nothing, but a hugh headache for some of us. This private gated community does not provide peace of mind at all. We want out!

Last edited by shenrici; 05-26-2016 at 09:50 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston