Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-09-2014, 11:45 AM

2 posts, read 1,800 times

Advertisements

I'm in the area recently demarcated as Four Corners (but before then I think we were just part of Sugar Land) up around the intersection between West Belfort and Highway 6.

I've had ATT DSL for ages, but their prices rise every year, to the point of $100 for 3mbps! For goodness' sake, it's 2014 and we are stuck at 3mbps for $100! (in reality, 2.5mbps; never seen 3mbps before with speedtest.net)

Recently I called in and got my price lowered to $40 a month, for what I thought is the same package. I reasoned, OK, that's a better deal, we'll go with this for now. Guess what, today they sent me a confirmation letter indicating that I agreed to a data cap of 150GB per month! I've never had a data cap with them before, nor was this discussed before I agreed to the deal. This is insanity (more precisely, deceptive marketing)!

Fellow Sugar Landers, I really don't want to mess with this any more, but I'm also wary of the horror stories of other ISPs, especially Comcast. Could you please share your experiences with your ISPs? I want to get out of ATT, but only if there even exists a less egregious ISP around.

(It's really a shame that we didn't get our bid for Google fiber a few years ago)

Thanks a lot, guys!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2014, 12:29 PM

1,179 posts, read 1,927,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lambdoidsuture View Post
I'm in the area recently demarcated as Four Corners (but before then I think we were just part of Sugar Land)
Sugar Land mailing address, before you get 10 messages saying that you are NOT a part of Sugar Land.

Old 12-09-2014, 01:29 PM

2 posts, read 1,800 times
Actually, right now using either Four Corners or Sugar Land as the city would work as my mailing address. I'm still using the Sugar Land version for Amazon, etc. It's only on Google maps that my address show up as Four Corners.

Old 12-09-2014, 07:10 PM

676 posts, read 940,061 times
Sadly, At&t and Comcast are really your only two main options for high speed internet in the area. You could of course go cellular or satellite, but those would be even more expensive. Even though I hate Comcast as a company in genereal, their internet and phone service have been solid here in the Stafford area. I had U-Verse first and they were horrid. Billing errors, and lower than paid for speeds with no-resolution.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston