Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2014, 12:28 PM
rhn rhn started this thread

53 posts, read 120,331 times

Advertisements

Oden Hughes to develop multifamily project near Houston's Grand Parkway - Houston Business Journal

Located on the westside at westpark tollway and grand parkway. Should be interesting to see what commercial developments fills into the lakes of bella terra commercial reserve once these units go in.

Bella Terra - Commercial Reserves | Read King - Commercial Real Estate and Development - Houston, Texas
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2014, 01:15 PM

504 posts, read 1,150,623 times
Widening of 1093 can not come soon enough.

Old 06-17-2014, 01:41 PM

1,179 posts, read 1,916,214 times
Happy to see it's Class A apartments. People threw a fit when they learned about the apartments at the last Lakes of Bella Terra HOA meeting in October. The apartments are a reality whether someone likes them or not - I would rather see them as a nice buffer to the GP/Westpark Tollway than closer to the interior of the neighborhood.

Old 06-17-2014, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhn View Post
Located on the westside at westpark tollway and grand parkway. Should be interesting to see what commercial developments fills into the lakes of bella terra commercial reserve once these units go in.
Bella Terra - Commercial Reserves | Read King - Commercial Real Estate and Development - Houston, Texas
From what I recall at the HOA meeting, they're hoping for some restaurant-style establishments (especially near the entrance's lakes) rather than pure strip center tenants. I would accept a mix of both if nothing else.

Old 06-17-2014, 04:45 PM

9,053 posts, read 17,201,105 times
Although I don't want to see too many go up, the good things are:

They build in the crappy parts near the major roads, buffering the sounds of traffic. You just don't want your own house to be too close.

The people who work in the restaurants we want here HAVE to live somewhere. They aren't going to bus employees in. Ditto the gas stations and shopping.

Old 06-17-2014, 05:40 PM

292 posts, read 1,066,899 times
Who will be the management company?

Old 06-19-2014, 01:59 PM

872 posts, read 827,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azinwood View Post
Widening of 1093 can not come soon enough.

Totally agree. I commute from the energy corridor into Fulshear. I see the long line of cars on 1093 heading to 99. Wow, this is nothing like it was 5 years ago when my office first moved to Fulshear. It has exploded in growth.....all but the roads. The roads are the same roads from when it was a sleepy country town.

Old 06-20-2014, 01:44 PM

5,614 posts, read 4,943,769 times
Widening might help temporarily, but all the subdivision growth will pretty quickly turn the widened street into a congested mess too. Everyone who moves to that area should accept this. We should have a much tighter street grid - meaning more alternatives for through-streets - but that's not how we do it here.

Old 06-23-2014, 06:14 AM

A little more insight as to what might be going in the commercial reserve areas outside of Lakes of Bella Terra, although this is probably about a year old now based on the entire PDF file.
Attached Thumbnails
Parkside Bella Terra - New Apartments at Lakes of Bella Terra-lobt-commercial.jpg  

Old 06-23-2014, 06:23 AM

4,244 posts, read 8,762,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LocalPlanner View Post
Widening might help temporarily, but all the subdivision growth will pretty quickly turn the widened street into a congested mess too. Everyone who moves to that area should accept this. We should have a much tighter street grid - meaning more alternatives for through-streets - but that's not how we do it here.
I'm always telling my wife the reason they don't have more alt routes is because they want to force you to pay tolls.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: