Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2014, 12:46 PM

413 posts, read 1,180,060 times

Advertisements

so, the unions are coming together and taking "help" from the congress in denying the US consumer better options...great.

Future President Christie went behind Tesla's back and got them kicked out of NJ and Tesla is an American company. Consumers always lose when unions and special interest groups hobnob with politicians.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2014, 12:48 PM

9,273 posts, read 26,498,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post

My peeve is flying regional jets across the country.
No kidding.Flying sardine can, bouncing around the skies.

SW is "eh." For some reason they are never on time when I use them Hobby to GSP.

Old 06-10-2014, 12:50 PM

2,919 posts, read 5,953,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smuggy_mba View Post

Flying united, AA and Delta is always a miserable experience
I've always hated them. I liked Continental a lot, but I still love Southwest.

Old 06-10-2014, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellpaso View Post
I've always hated them. I liked Continental a lot, but I still love Southwest.
I flew Continental from New York to Asia 7-8 years ago and in those days alcoholic drinks were complimentary even in american airlines. Continental asked me 5 dollars for a drink (my ticket price was $1200.00 or so). That's how I started to hate continental

Old 06-10-2014, 01:11 PM

9,221 posts, read 15,958,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
I was on a United flight last week from California. There was a woman who was using a cane with a limp getting on the aircraft. You could see how uncomfortable she was. Well, they close the main cabin door, and the entire exit row was empty. She asked the stewardess if she could move to one of those seats so she could stretch out her bad leg. The stewardess said she could move there for $79, and she'd be happy to run the lady's credit card.

United would rather keep the seats empty and have a passenger that obviously could use one to be more comfortable.

United is saying, "We care about every dollar and not our customers."

Thank goodness the women didn't need an aspirin. United would have said they'd be happy to run one on her credit card.
Thankfully, my dad works for United (and before that, CO), so I never have to worry about flight fares, but holy ****, service has definitely gone down. Back in 2009 (before the awful merge), when I was going to LA with some friends, there were a few empty rows and the flight attendant let us all have our own row, so we could stretch out and sleep. What went on here was definitely bull****, and I would have called that person out. You don't always need to go by the books. Use some common sense.

Old 06-10-2014, 01:43 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,621,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trae713 View Post
Thankfully, my dad works for United (and before that, CO), so I never have to worry about flight fares, but holy ****, service has definitely gone down. Back in 2009 (before the awful merge), when I was going to LA with some friends, there were a few empty rows and the flight attendant let us all have our own row, so we could stretch out and sleep. What went on here was definitely bull****, and I would have called that person out. You don't always need to go by the books. Use some common sense.
If he is in customer relations, operations or anything like that, I'd be more than happy to PM you the flight information.

Old 06-10-2014, 02:22 PM

98 posts, read 196,794 times
Quote:
My most worst experiences are flying United, AA and Delta. I avoid them all if possible.

International Flight:

Cheap food
Different money for different seats within economy
No complementary alcoholic drinks on international flight. Sir, that would be 7 dollars.
Bag Fees
No eye mask

American airlines have stooped to undesirable levels. I flew Emirates to Dubai in economy and it was awesome. I asked for whisky and the stewardess said - Sir, would you like to make it double

Flying united, AA and Delta is always a miserable experience (in Economy). I hope they treat the rich ppl nice in Business and First class.

Saw this coming, moving my loyalty business to Qatar airlines early this year - the business class seats are always reasonably priced and the service/amenities are unbelievable. Charging for alcohol on international flights is a crime. The lounges are terrible for United.

Old 06-10-2014, 02:31 PM

Charging 7 dollars for a drink in a flight to Europe (company paid around $1800.00) is definitely a crime. I only fly Delta, AA or United if there is no other option.

I look for emirates/Spore/Qatar first and then look at other airlines.

The way AA stewardesses pour orange juice in your glasses make orange juice appear 200 dollars a gallon. I'm sure their finance department told them that if you pour 7% less orange juice every time, you'll save 1.5 millions dollars over the whole year.

Old 06-10-2014, 02:31 PM

9,019 posts, read 14,293,297 times
I'm going more international, and now with the Delta copy revenue scheme I'm going to BA. Got a status match, and not looking back. F'n United. I want CO back.

Old 06-11-2014, 04:36 AM

4,287 posts, read 8,031,823 times
Quote:
My most worst experiences are flying United, AA and Delta. I avoid them all if possible.

International Flight:

Cheap food
Different money for different seats within economy
No complementary alcoholic drinks on international flight. Sir, that would be 7 dollars.
Bag Fees
No eye mask

American airlines have stooped to undesirable levels. I flew Emirates to Dubai in economy and it was awesome. I asked for whisky and the stewardess said - Sir, would you like to make it double

Flying united, AA and Delta is always a miserable experience (in Economy). I hope they treat the rich ppl nice in Business and First class.
Actually, they're not necessarily that "rich". Oftentimes they just fly a lot for work & get upgraded. I've had that done for me several times & quite frankly, the only thing better is the extra seat space. Service is still unloving (unlike Singapore Airlines which I just flew Sunday from SIN-IAH) & the attitude is similar to in the back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston