Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2014, 07:37 AM

1 posts, read 9,828 times

Advertisements

Hi All,

I am planning to buy a house in Cypress Creek Lakes. I have now to decide between Perry and Newmark Homes. We liked the plans from both the builders and both of them build in the same section. Can someone please let us know which builder is good in terms of overall quality.

Thanks,
Ram
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2014, 09:43 AM

1,110 posts, read 2,583,955 times
they are both good builders, Perry has been around a little longer if i'm not mistaken.
Different style builders. Both safe choices, Perry would probably provide more overall support after you are done, but i can't speak on behalf of Newmark. I've walked homes from both and they seem solid.

Old 04-17-2014, 10:02 AM

1,461 posts, read 5,595,702 times
They are both reputable builders, but what matters most are the credentials and experience of the construction manager building your home. I always make sure to interview any construction manager before my clients build with any builder. Trades have now become hard and harder to find with the boom in the oil and natural gas sector, which leaves very few trades available for construction managers. Do you have a Realtor who is assisting you with this process?

Old 04-17-2014, 10:37 AM

2,165 posts, read 3,770,875 times
Take this into consideration. If you need a house in a 90-120 day period then Perry is your builder. That may still vary with current construction trends and lack of trades but they still claim that schedule to build. If you are not in a hurry, would like to make some changes to the home that are NSO (not standard options) then Newmark is your builder. I think Newmark builds a better home with regards to their construction standards and are not pushing (in a hurry) to get a home built. Making something right takes time and that can't be rushed.

Also you do not need an agent to buy/build a new house. I would discuss with the builder using that commission that would be paid to an agent to your benefit in options or upgrades.

Old 04-17-2014, 10:44 AM

4,244 posts, read 8,756,463 times
I would never buy a house without a good Agent, that's foolish IMHO

Old 04-17-2014, 10:50 AM

2,165 posts, read 3,770,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usc619 View Post
I would never buy a house without a good Agent, that's foolish IMHO
To each their own. But ok, why? I'm curious.

Old 04-18-2014, 06:02 AM

1,133 posts, read 2,018,675 times
I currently have a house being built in the Cypress Creek Lakes section you are looking in and I went with Newmark. I didn't have any issues with Perry other than they were slightly on the pushy side. I also felt like the Perry houses lacked some of the personality of the Newmark homes. Ultimately the deal breaker for me was the complete inflexibility of Perry to make any changes to the plans, even when building from the ground up. Coming from a David Weekley home that I built 10 years ago with many changes, I'm used to tweaking things as I see fit. Simply wasn't an option with Perry at any price.

So far I've had an incredible experience with Newmark on both the sales and building side. The sales/design process was easy with no games and my salesperson was awesome every step of the way. They've been extremely easy to work with on design changes through the entire process, as well as any requests I have had during the building process.

I just had my frame inspection recently with rockstar inspector Chuck Evans and there were a few things that came up but nothing major. I had the report back to me on a Saturday morning, forwarded it to my salesperson that morning and by Monday afternoon ALL the items had been repaired as suggested. They are on schedule and every deadline they've given me has been met without delay. The builder has also been very anal about making sure the subs maintain a clean jobsite at all times. I'm very impressed with him and it's nice to have someone who is willing to go the extra mile to make the customer happy, even if it is a trivial request for something.

At the end of the day, quality is going to be similar. Perry and Newmark build good homes but Newmark was more my style. Remember, subcontractors are the ones doing the labor and it's up to the builder to manage those subs effectively. So far I've seen a great job of that with Newmark.

Old 04-18-2014, 06:04 PM

1 posts, read 9,708 times
Newmark cares from contract to closing to warranty for their buyers. All the employees as very easy to reach and keep in contact with including their president. You don feel as if you are just another sale to them. You become part of their family. Newmark builds a quality home tailored around you and your family's specific needs.

Old 04-18-2014, 11:44 PM

702 posts, read 1,235,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mguerra View Post
Newmark cares from contract to closing to warranty for their buyers. All the employees as very easy to reach and keep in contact with including their president. You don feel as if you are just another sale to them. You become part of their family. Newmark builds a quality home tailored around you and your family's specific needs.
I am intrigued, please tell me more. If I happen to purchase a Newmark home in the future, will I have ease of access to everyone as well if any problems arise?

Old 08-04-2014, 08:35 AM

1 posts, read 9,365 times
Hello everyone,
I am glad I found this thread. Me and my wife are trying to buy a house in creekstone village and we are confused between Perry and Newmark just like some other folks on this thread. Below are few questions I have besides what is already discussed above. Really appreciate your feedback!

1. I am comparing Perry 2784 sqft plan vs Newmark (Plan name: Paddington) 3325 sqft plan and final price with all the same options/upgrades we want is same for both but I get 500 sq ft more with Newmark Paddington plan. So, am I getting a bigger bang for my buck?

2. 2 bedrooms in Newmark home are little smaller compared Perry home. Newmark bedroom is 11X12 compared to 11X13 with Perry. Does this make a big difference? Don't worry we are happy with master bedroom size.

Thanks,
Chai
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: