Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2014, 08:58 AM

225 posts, read 519,605 times

Advertisements

Lake Shadows is without a doubt the best neighborhood in Crosby. Are you closing on a new construction? I saw a few being built while I drove through there last week. There have been very few listings for sale so that is always a good sign of how good the neighborhood is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2014, 09:11 AM

3 posts, read 5,991 times
Not a new construction, house was built in 1991, in great condition and is closeish to the park/pool they have in the neighborhood. It's tucked away in the back part. Thank you for the reply we are very excited to move in!

Old 12-09-2014, 09:55 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,598,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miko8 View Post
Hello! My husband and I are about to close on a house in Lake Shadows...we are pretty excited. How is the area? Is it fairly quite and secluded?
With the exception of having to drive all the way down Foley Rd, I like Lake Shadows.

I have some friends who currently live there real close to the pool.

It's fairly quiet (other than the peacocks occasional scream) and seems low key, other than the boat ramp incident a few years back. (Those who live there know as to what I refer).

It's in Cosby ISD, which is about to get a brand new HS.

It's probably the best neighborhood in terms of sunsets on Lake Houston.

I hope you enjoy living there.

Are you boaters?

Old 12-09-2014, 10:01 AM

225 posts, read 519,605 times
what was the boat ramp incident? I was there for 7 years and never heard it.

Old 12-09-2014, 10:16 AM

3 posts, read 5,991 times
New high school!? Awesome! We don't have kids yet but plan too so any info on schools is awesome too. We are not boaters but fishers and ATV'ers....if that makes sense.

Old 12-09-2014, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by right View Post
what was the boat ramp incident? I was there for 7 years and never heard it.
It's been a few years, so I probably will mess up a few details, so here it goes. I had heard of the event and then a few days later actually spoke with one of the Constables that was on scene:

Lake Shadows has a boat ramp that has (or had) a locking gate. The community rule was that when you entered or left the boat ramp, you'd lock the gate.

Man A was sitting on his boat waiting for his wife to arrive with their son. As he waited he was having a few beers, and he left the gate open so he wouldn't have to leave his boat when his wife arrived.

Man B arrives, drives his truck and boat into the ramp area and proceeds to close and lock the gate after.

Man A yells at Man B to leave the gate open and Man B says he is going to follow the rule.

Man A approaches Man B and proceeds to yell at him and get in his face. The situation escalates and Man A takes a swing at Man B. It's on.

Man A is not fairing so well and Man B wants the cops to come. Man A tells Man B that he's going to his truck to get his gun and shoot Man B. Man B decides it's best for Man A not to get into his truck and that it's best to subdue him until the cops, that he called, arrive.

The fight resumes beside Man A's truck. Man A manages to get the door open and reaches under the seat to retrieve his gun. He tries to shoot Man B but isn't successful. Man B disarms Man A as they continue to fight.

Man A is then able to retrieve a knife and proceeds to stab Man B in the arm. Man B gets the knife away and tries to put Man A in a choke hold. Man A starts biting Man B's arm to the point of potentially removing tissue.

Man B proceeds to grab Man A's face to pull his mouth off of his arm. As the scuffle the continues, Man B literally pulls Man A's eyeball completely away from his face as the police arrive.

After the investigation is completed, Man A goes to jail for assault with a deadly weapon and a few more charges, while Man B is not charged.

Man A, when asked what happened to his eye, must now say that after trying to shoot and then stab another guy, he got his tail beat and his eye removed.

Ah yes, the Real Boat Men Of Crosby.

Old 12-09-2014, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miko8 View Post
New high school!? Awesome! We don't have kids yet but plan too so any info on schools is awesome too. We are not boaters but fishers and ATV'ers....if that makes sense.
The new HS is being built right behind the Walmart.

The current HS will become the middle school.

Old 12-09-2014, 10:36 AM

Here is some more on the boat ramp incident:

Non-Wakeboarding Discussion: Crosby..the real hood

I'm looking for any news stories on it.

Old 12-09-2014, 10:39 AM

Ok,

I found the actual information:

ALLEY v. STATE | Leagle.com

It's actually worse than the story I told.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston