Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2013, 03:11 PM

1,728 posts, read 3,568,672 times

Advertisements

Someone doesn't like your tenant
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2013, 04:21 PM

833 posts, read 1,904,784 times
Water, Mow and Fertilize your yard and GET OVER IT. Don't like it you should live in an apartment. If you are lazy hire a yard service and put in an irrigation system. I am personally pissed at my HOA that they are not enforcing the rules in my neighborhood like they should.

Having a well kept yard makes a big difference on property values for a neighborhood, good curb appeal equals good home owners and better property values. Drive around neighborhoods that hold there values, you will notice yards are kept up and have good curb appeal.

Old 07-08-2013, 04:45 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,625,674 times
The OP owns the house but DOES NOT live there. I suspect he doesnt get by there regularly and doesnt really know that the grass is mowed weekly.

I'm not in favor of most HOA rules. But if there are a lot of homeowners in that subdivision who violate the HOA rules and have trashy-looking houses, then increased fees may be necessary to pay for enforcement of those rules.

Old 07-08-2013, 05:11 PM

833 posts, read 1,904,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFW46 View Post
The OP owns the house but DOES NOT live there. I suspect he doesnt get by there regularly and doesnt really know that the grass is mowed weekly.
Then OP should have irrigation and have a yard service that includes fertilizing and pulling weeds. If renting out, most renters looks at having yard service included in rent as a benefit and will pay the extra rent. The sad fact is a lot of renters don't keep up the yard because it is not their home.

Old 07-08-2013, 08:54 PM

1,162 posts, read 1,907,789 times
Thank goodness for HOA's. You should see the horrible properties all over Austin where there are no HOA's, like where I live. The Austin suburbs often have good HOA's, but not the city proper. I pay $6000 in property taxes annually to live on the same block as 2-ft tall weeds, junked vehicles, dilapidated houses, etc. My next home (to be in the Houston area) will be in a development with very strict rules.

As for the OP's situation, it seems simple to find out exactly why the HOA is having a problem with the yard. The neighbors could also tell the OP.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston