Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2013, 09:20 PM

392 posts, read 755,276 times

Advertisements

So we found a house in riverstone (sugar land) that's currently zoned to settlers way although its five miles away from it. The other nearest elementary would be palmers. I'm afraid the house might be rezoned in a while to palmers. Do you think this can happen although palmers is in Missouri not sugar land?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2013, 09:23 PM

188 posts, read 349,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY to LA View Post
So we found a house in riverstone (sugar land) that's currently zoned to settlers way although its five miles away from it. The other nearest elementary would be palmers. I'm afraid the house might be rezoned in a while to palmers. Do you think this can happen although palmers is in Missouri not sugar land?
Riverstone is supposed to have its own elementary school in near future.

Old 06-16-2013, 09:30 PM

I hope so but is there is an announcement about it or a location set for it at least?

Old 06-16-2013, 09:55 PM

2,075 posts, read 4,447,102 times
Google is your friend, according to the link below, FBISD has purchased land in Riverstone but they have not finalized plans to build.

FBISD projects major growth in Sienna, Riverstone, Grand Parkway corridor | Fort Bend Southwest Star Newspaper

According to recent info on the FBISD webpage, they are delaying building school #46 mentioned in the article above. While an elementary school in Riverstone sounds likely, it's probably years away.

http://www.fortbendisd.com/departmen...iliary/zoning/

Old 06-16-2013, 11:36 PM

53 posts, read 138,941 times
Last year a portion of Riverstone which is in Missouri City got rezoned to a less desirable school but the parents got together and fought the decision and got a favorable result. 1 of the guys who had been quite active in that fight is now in the HOA so hopefully things will be alright :-) (fingers crossed)

Last edited by eranical; 06-16-2013 at 11:36 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 06-17-2013, 08:19 AM

5,429 posts, read 14,844,510 times
I would approach this very, very carefully right now.

There is a lot of political bickering and upheaval within FBISD right now, apparently. After FBISD officially announced a new elementary school in 2014 and installed a sign with that date on the land in a different subdivision, the board rather abruptly and casually cancelled the plan last week... changing the website, cutting off the top part of that sign, etc. In addition, they want to do a complete rezoning of the whole district at an elementary school level.

If they did it once and consider it acceptable to backtrack on the promise of an elementary school at a certain place on a specific date, there's nothing guaranteeing they wouldn't do it again. And yes, it's highly likely now some rezoning will be taking place, though unsure exactly when.

Old 06-17-2013, 08:24 AM

377 posts, read 1,346,297 times
Hows the new FBISD ? It seems like he tries to convey an image of being open, listening and understanding but I dont know anything about him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK123 View Post
I would approach this very, very carefully right now.

There is a lot of political bickering and upheaval within FBISD right now, apparently. After FBISD officially announced a new elementary school in 2014 and installed a sign with that date on the land in a different subdivision, the board rather abruptly and casually cancelled the plan last week... changing the website, cutting off the top part of that sign, etc. In addition, they want to do a complete rezoning of the whole district at an elementary school level.

If they did it once and consider it acceptable to backtrack on the promise of an elementary school at a certain place/date, there's nothing guaranteeing they wouldn't do it again. And yes, it's highly likely now some rezoning will be taking place, though unsure exactly when.

Old 06-17-2013, 08:42 AM

1,614 posts, read 2,663,685 times
We are in Riverstone, zoned to Commonwealth.

As for the Aliana school, very fishy. From what I had read of the new superintendent, I had thought he would be good for the district. But, I don't like this whole "cutting off the sign" business being pulled over in Aliana. Not cool at all. So much for being open, and the pulling some secretive, cover of darkness changes like that.

Old 06-17-2013, 09:08 AM

I think this whole thing might change our mind from buying in riverstone in the first place. One of our main reasons to choose riverstone was the exemplary schools and now as its uncertain we fear that in a couple of years when its time for our son to start kg we find that we r zoned to a school in Richmond or Missouri city rather than sugar land.

Old 06-17-2013, 09:09 AM

5,429 posts, read 14,844,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheretogo View Post
Hows the new FBISD ? It seems like he tries to convey an image of being open, listening and understanding but I dont know anything about him.
I don't personally know him, but would agree with what 'swopoe' said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by swopoe View Post
As for the Aliana school, very fishy. From what I had read of the new superintendent, I had thought he would be good for the district. But, I don't like this whole "cutting off the sign" business being pulled over in Aliana. Not cool at all. So much for being open, and the pulling some secretive, cover of darkness changes like that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston