Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2013, 11:27 AM

24 posts, read 50,490 times

Advertisements

What's your pick???

I am residing in Lakemont, Richmond. Just outside cinco ranch on S. mason.. So both gyms are very accessible for me.. I am relatively new here so I would love to hear your opinion on these 2 gyms. I have 2 kids as well... So daycare is a plus for me.
Thanks!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2013, 12:18 PM

2,480 posts, read 7,138,281 times
I'm not in your area, so am not familiar with those particular gyms. I was a member of 24 hour fitness for a year, and the only time I ever went was the day I toured it and signed up!

I've been a member of lifetime for 6 or 7 years now and love it. I love their child care facility. I love their class offerings. I think lifetime is more expensive than 24 our, but not sure. I like lifetimes pools, and the family swim time they have. They also have a movie every Friday night at the pool as well. My daughter did swim lessons there for a year. I've been to birthday parties there and the lids oved it. When I take my older daughter 7yrs old) to the child care center in the evenings, she has the opportunity to do her own fitness class or go to the rockwall with the faculty with a group of kids. She loves it.

Old 05-04-2013, 03:33 PM

1,666 posts, read 1,017,706 times
I had been a member of 24 from 2002 up until recently, and have been to their gyms throughout the USA. 24 strives to be the McDonald's of gyms...they're pretty cheap, they're all over the place, and you can pretty much get the same thing at every one of them.

Recently I've joined Lifetime and it's a bit more pricey, but you get a whole lot more. As a very avid weight lifter, I struggled at times with the lack of equipment at your generic 24. At lifetime I have plenty. As well, there's a lot more activities to do there for the family type folks.

Old 05-04-2013, 03:57 PM

998 posts, read 1,325,150 times
I prefer 24hr since its cheaper and FAR more convenient. Lifetime is more expensive and cleaner but all of the times that I've gone, it was way too much going on. Because it attracts families, there were way too many teens and young folks hanging out as if it were a mall or something. Gyms all serve the same purpose so I'm not impressed with some of the "extras" that you're clearly paying for at Lifetime.

Old 05-04-2013, 04:02 PM

Thanks guys for your input. I learned from lifetime fitness that I have to make a reservation for a infant in the nursery 24 hours before.. I see that's going to be an issue as the infant dept being full as and I am unable to reserve a spot and have to miss a class. I do see the many services lifetime fitness is providing and the convenience of the nursery should I like to use the spa. But then again it comes back to the problem of reserving a spot for my baby in the nursery as I assume there's only so many they can take each hour or so??
Is there any gyms around here other than 24 hour fitness that I don't have to make a reservation for an infant 24 hours beforehand?
Thanks

Old 05-04-2013, 05:47 PM

2,480 posts, read 7,138,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumpingbean79 View Post
Thanks guys for your input. I learned from lifetime fitness that I have to make a reservation for a infant in the nursery 24 hours before.. I see that's going to be an issue as the infant dept being full as and I am unable to reserve a spot and have to miss a class. I do see the many services lifetime fitness is providing and the convenience of the nursery should I like to use the spa. But then again it comes back to the problem of reserving a spot for my baby in the nursery as I assume there's only so many they can take each hour or so??
Is there any gyms around here other than 24 hour fitness that I don't have to make a reservation for an infant 24 hours beforehand?
Thanks
The state regulate how many infants they can watch I believe. Yes it's a pain, but I've done it for 2 kids now. You just have to call as soon as they open. Once they can walk you don't have to make reservations anymore

Old 05-04-2013, 06:11 PM

967 posts, read 2,609,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumpingbean79 View Post
Thanks
Katy YMCA?

Old 05-05-2013, 08:03 AM

292 posts, read 1,066,633 times
The new 24 hr fitness right at Bella Terra is really nice. I would say an above average 24 hr fitness. I really liked it alot. The one on S. Mason is nice too but older and more typical of their standard gyms.

I've only been to one Lifetime. I would say it was equally as nice but does have alot of extras.

It truly boils down to how much you would use all the extra items Lifetime offers. To me it's not worth the extra price for those items as I would never use them.

Old 05-05-2013, 10:11 AM

976 posts, read 1,056,898 times
Anyone have an opinion on LA Fitness?

Old 05-05-2013, 12:00 PM

YMCA katy.. Hmm..never thought of that.. Is there anyone who workout at YMCA katy? How is it? Is there any contract that we have to tied ourselves down to??
Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston