Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2013, 10:31 AM

21 posts, read 63,930 times

Advertisements

i am wondering for those that take their child to any of the TCH pediatricians---how do you like the place? doctors? staff? I am looking for a pediatrician for my newborn & would like to interview the doctors before hand and it doesn't have to be texas children's but since I am delivering there, I looked up their facilities around town.

Please let me know if you know of a good pediatrician.

TCH facilities that are close to me are the inner loop (Kirby or Bellaire location) OR Southeast (Gulfgate or Shawdow creek locations) area. Thanks ya'll.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2013, 10:48 AM

61 posts, read 122,401 times
We love Dr. Schlegel at the bellaire location! My son has been her patient since he was a newborn. My only complaint is they never seem to be running on time, but I think that's standard for pediatricians.

Old 04-18-2013, 11:08 AM

914 posts, read 1,836,633 times
My daughter is a patient at the Kirby location. She has been a patient since she was a newborn. She is now a teenager. All of the doctors there are great. We especially like Dr. Alexander Injac and Dr. Margaret Kinalska. The clinic has regular office hours but also has extended evening and weekend hours for sick kids--a great help for busy working parents.

Old 04-18-2013, 11:09 AM

551 posts, read 1,576,383 times
We've used almost all of the doctors at the Greenbrair(just moved to Kirby) location. They are all good. Dr. Kinalska especially is excellent!

Old 04-18-2013, 11:20 AM

1,237 posts, read 2,024,445 times
We use Katherine Smith at the Shadow Creek location. We still take our kids there even though we don't live close. She has proven to be an excellent adviser to my wife and I in addition to the doctor to our kids. She gives us a lot more time than other pediatricians give to their kids (based on visits with other pediatricians as well as comparing notes with friends/neighbors/family that have young kids as well).

Old 04-18-2013, 12:10 PM

thanks ya'll! I"m a first time mom so here are my main questions.

**is it better to pick a pediatrician who is super close to my house so that it will be easier for everyone's sake? (i'm interviewing her next wk--it's TCH affiliated and it only makes sense to check them out since they are less than 10 mins from my house)

OR

**also consider other pediatricians about 20ish mins away & it's ok if I go with the doctor that has further away? I keep reading location location, but since I have no experience with the reality of a sick child, I am hesitant to consider others when i have one less than 10 mins away.

Old 04-18-2013, 12:15 PM

1,237 posts, read 2,024,445 times
Proximity is VERY important when you have a newborn. You never know what can come up that requires a visit. And especially so if you are first time parents.

I'd only interview places that are at most 10 minutes away. You'll find someone you connect with within that distance.

Old 04-18-2013, 12:30 PM

152 posts, read 458,704 times
I agree with the above poster. Many times you'll be calling your clinic to see if they can squeeze you in that day, and they will ask, "how soon can you be here?" On those days you'll be grateful to have a doctor that's close by.

Old 04-18-2013, 12:54 PM

381 posts, read 1,094,460 times
My children use to go to the Greenbriar location until we moved to San Antonio. Dr. Kinalska is amazing!

Old 04-18-2013, 01:23 PM

on average, with Texas children locations, how long are you in the room w/ the doctor when you go? I called one location (gulfgate) and i believe she mentioned that 15 mins was the avg. time. does this sound right for most of the TCH locations?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: