Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2013, 06:32 AM

75 posts, read 137,518 times

Advertisements

Do you have any recommendation on who to call?
I don't want the typical service where I have to agree to a contract for a year. I just need this to be taken cared of and then that's it.

It's kinda sad....newly built house and there's this issue. We have a kitchen in the garage to cook our smelly food and that's where I'm finding the droppings and gnawing. We don't leave any food out and clean up immediately after we cook so everything is clean but the mouse keeps coming back.

I bought some mouse repellent that said was what the mouse doesn't like, oil/pepermint or something like that, but it seems like the mouse rip through those bags as well so that didn't work. It could possibly be coming from outside since the garage has a small gap on both sides that the mouse can enter through.

We don't want to kill the mouse, just possibly trap it and let it out out in the woods or something, and then put some stuff that would prevent this from happening again. Please let me know who you would recommend, thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2013, 07:44 AM

811 posts, read 1,558,788 times
you can buy Humane traps. I bought some a few years ago online when I lived in a wooded area (or try Home Depot etc.). You just have to remember to check them every day so the mouse doesn't starve to death. That is a horrible death. I have taken several for a ride out into the country! We plugged up the holes in the garage with steel wool. They don't like to chew on it.

Old 04-15-2013, 11:06 AM

I thought of doing it myself but just wanted a pro to do it and put some treatment so it wouldn't happen again.

Old 04-16-2013, 03:04 PM

41 posts, read 101,019 times
I don't know what area of town you live in, but try calling Robert's Pest Control. 832-221-1211

Old 04-16-2013, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeresaDM View Post
I don't know what area of town you live in, but try calling Robert's Pest Control. 832-221-1211
thanks, I will give them a call soon!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston