Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2012, 08:43 AM

61 posts, read 122,286 times

Advertisements

I am looking for a new pest control/termite control company. I'd also love input from some native Houstonians on what they think is necessary in terms of termite control. We moved from Baton Rouge and I'm finding our current company to be significantly more expensive in regards to Termite protection. I'm not sure if that is just the market here, or if the company is over priced. They keep offering us a warranty. As far as I can tell, they aren't doing anything, but rather, charging us $240 for a piece of paper.

Thanks in advance for any advice/suggestions!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2012, 06:04 PM

1 posts, read 2,966 times
Default Not from your area but i can give you some advice

I own a pest control company in North Carolina and I can give you some tips on how to find a good termite company. The first place I would start is the realtor you used when you bought your home. Real estate agents are pretty knowledgeable on who to use for these services. Second I would check the BBB for companies that have high ratings. What you really want to find is a local company with a good reputation. Avoid the national companies judging by the price of your annual I would guess that is what you have now.

The average annual inspection to renew a contract throughout the country is about $85 - $125.00 per year. Usually they do not treat the house every year but should be doing a thorough inspection and taking care of any new termite evidence for free. I would also make sure you have a damage warranty in case termites do show up.

Hope this helps.

Tommy Everitte
AAA Exterminating Co.
[url=http://www.aaaexterminatingonline.com]Pest Control, Fayetteville NC, Raleigh, Garner, Cary, | Exterminator Termite Control | AAA Exterminating Co.[/url]

Old 02-04-2012, 09:52 PM

286 posts, read 739,395 times
We use Amrid (Pest control, rodent control - Houston, Texas). We have quarterly pest treatments for roaches, silverfish and another pesky bug whose name escapes me at this moment. We're also under contract with them for annual termite inspections, which I think is $120/year. Under that contract, they basically inspect our house once a year for termites but they also come out any time we suspect or have an issue with any creepy crawly for no additional fee.

Since termites are an issue in Houston, having your house inspected for subterranean termites once a year is probably a good idea. Also, be on the lookout for drywood termites -- they typically live inside the soft wood of your house like the trim -- and you'll know they are present by their droppings. Unfortunately, they will have been around for a while before you actually see the evidence of their presence.

Your instincit is right; you can do better than $240/year for a termite contract (what do they mean by 'warranty' by the way?).

Old 02-20-2012, 06:36 AM

1 posts, read 2,825 times
May be that is overpriced you can get more info about hot to determire [url="http://www.termitetreatmentcostinfo.blogspot.com/"]termite treatment cost[/url]

Old 02-20-2012, 08:32 AM

61 posts, read 122,286 times
Thanks for the suggestions! I called Amrid and their pest control was also significantly cheaper. They are going to come out and give me an estimate on the termite protection plan.

I think the warranty is the same as a protection plan. They would come out and inspect the house, and then they would essentially "insure" you against termites. Meaning that if you had any damage as a result of termites in that year they would cover that up to a certain amount. There was a deductible though.

Thanks again for the advice!

Old 08-16-2013, 02:40 PM

340 posts, read 802,905 times
I just recently had a new home constructed and I am getting a renewal for my termite warranty from HomeTeam Pest Defense. They want $175 plus tax so it comes out to $190.

Any thoughts or recommendations?

Old 08-20-2013, 08:03 AM

340 posts, read 802,905 times
Bump, no termite experts here?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston