Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2013, 01:04 PM

9,053 posts, read 17,239,879 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatboybigbFL View Post
What about light rail??? i guarantee a major city like houston has better bus service than a smaller city like lauderdale. we dont have 24 hour service does houston?? what about the fact houston has fastest job growth and best economy? numbers dont lie. better chance of survival being rite smack in the middle of the H than in boring old no good jobs having fort lauderdale with no car. i'd put money on my hypothesis
Our rail system is still in its infancy. Very little of it so far - mainly connects the Medical Center with Downtown. How are you going to get there?

Out city metro is HUGE - as in HUMONGUS - as in GINORMOUS - and our buses don't go from point A to Point B - more like to point A to point C to point G to point L to point B, with stops every few seconds. It can take a very long time to do a trip that a car can do in less than 30 minutes.

I love Houston - but have no illusions about our poor mass transit.

Houston is a big place of opportunity - for educated skillsets in demand. Also, for starting businesses, but you have to have the cash.

Otherwise, it's as tstone said, you will find yourself working 2 minimum wage jobs, and needing that car to get you back and forth.

Old 03-12-2013, 01:25 PM

105 posts, read 250,497 times
what kind of quality of work is available ???? fort lauderdale seems like paradise, but it is low income living big time, no industry in south florida , there practically is no work available here besides working at the mall , fast food, etc ....miami folks are rude as can be......many pple have left here for another city up north .....trust me, if u were in lauderdale for over 5 years, you'd be ready for a change soon

Old 03-12-2013, 01:54 PM

193 posts, read 340,973 times
Quote:
what kind of quality of work is available ???? fort lauderdale seems like paradise, but it is low income living big time, no industry in south florida , there practically is no work available here besides working at the mall , fast food, etc ....miami folks are rude as can be......many pple have left here for another city up north .....trust me, if u were in lauderdale for over 5 years, you'd be ready for a change soon

Come to Houston to make money entails working your ass off. It´s that simple

Old 03-12-2013, 02:20 PM

847 posts, read 1,756,114 times
houston has it's share of low income living also, big time. the kind of work that is available, AND that will justify a move from FL, is the type of work that you need experience for or even have a degree....if you do find a job that doesn't require either of those, then you will be in a retail position or an entry level position that doesn't pay a lot.... please, find a job before you move here and please stop making threads about the same thing.

Old 03-12-2013, 02:45 PM

568 posts, read 1,132,754 times
Yea come on down here without a job and a car. Makes perfect sense.

Old 03-12-2013, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dejamiller View Post
he's got good looks....

Old 03-12-2013, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dejamiller View Post

You mean up there???? I'm farther South than you silly....is your advice worthwhile then??? Your are like the third or fourth person to say to me "come on down here blah blah blah" when in actuality I am down here in South FL, you are up there in the H Town. Anyway, if it weren't for my gf, I'da been in yallz city just to see whatz poppin, ya feel me, doing big thangz

Old 03-12-2013, 02:58 PM

195 posts, read 284,950 times
It would help to know what skills you have, or what industry your in.

Old 03-12-2013, 03:12 PM

Quote:
You mean up there???? I'm farther South than you silly....is your advice worthwhile then??? Your are like the third or fourth person to say to me "come on down here blah blah blah" when in actuality I am down here in South FL, you are up there in the H Town. Anyway, if it weren't for my gf, I'da been in yallz city just to see whatz poppin, ya feel me, doing big thangz
If your skills and experience reflect your last sentence, then you can stay in South Floriduh. When people say "come on down", they're not meaning it literally.

Old 03-12-2013, 03:19 PM

my skills and literacy levels test high above the national average, your opinions are subsidized within my atmospheric regions, no one's advice is above my internal distinctive flamboyant swaggerific qualities, if I want to succeed in the land of oil named Houston, thou shall, if i choose to savor times spent with my girlfriend in the beautiful palm tree laced South FL terrain, thou shall, ur low level intelligence is inferior to my king like qualities which shall or shall not be magnified within the Texas longitude and latitudial moments and movement, ya feellll me, or as u H Town folk say, aaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllllllllrrrrrrrrrreaaaaaadyyy yyyyyyyyyyyy hahahaha
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: