Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2013, 09:37 AM

360 posts, read 669,736 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbcu View Post
The problem is why wouldn't "developers" want to lure middle class to 3rd ward?

They seem hell bent on the upper-income folks who move on emotions and they don't add any value as a whole as they stay holed in their homes and send their kids to schools no way near the attendance zone boundaries.

The area off Cullen and 610 has tons of empty land and older homes just sitting there waiting to be bought and it seems ideal for middle class developments we see stuck way out there in the boondocks....those folks are the ones who'll repopulate the school system out there

With the rail system coming in and if there's value...the bottoms will go towards the yuppies also....

I've never thought about that, but it does seem like that would be prime real estate for a developer looking to bring the middle class back in. It's kind of dumb that they typically court the rich who will eventually move to the next hotspot instead of courting hard-working people that could keep the area up for generations. I know nothing about real estate but my guess would be that the reputation of the area perhaps diminishes the return they believe they would get. The city has earmarked that location and similar places for building by giving money to new homeowners that want to build in the area, but it would probably be a good idea for them to court developers to build up the entire area for middle class folks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2013, 02:06 PM

2,206 posts, read 3,259,625 times
that's what I'm saying....why lure middle class folks to the suburbs only to create another cycle of moving further out when you could do it in the city. Not like land is scare but it makes you wonder if there's a scheme behind it in terms of waiting for one group to die and replace it with another

Old 03-08-2013, 07:41 PM

2,937 posts, read 5,307,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by key2thecity View Post
Well damn, everyone will die eventually, lol. But I understand what you mean. I wasn't trying to be rude, just putting the truth out there. I hope the remaining residents have some business/economic sense and don't sell. They're property will be worth a lot in the next couple of decades.
I didn't take it like that.

I was juist saying, I know that Third Ward has gone throu. gh several transformations therefore shrinking in size from where it first began. I like to see gentrification, but i don't want to see people displaced from their homes. I guess can't have one without the other.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: