Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2013, 12:48 PM

5 posts, read 5,325 times

Advertisements

[mod cut: no business complaints allowed]

After trying for almost an hour to find the 'right' person with the Health Department in Houston - and 7 calls later - I decided to just post a thread and see if there are others that have stayed in this dump! I found myself in Houston late at night and after stopping at several places this was the only one with a room (rodeo season!).

I tried to think if there was anything about this hotel that was positive and the only thing was they did have a room on a very busy weekend.

Where do I start? The front desk person was the worst in any of the 10 places I stayed on this trip. If they ran an ad asking for an employ that could care less about their clients needs THIS IS THE PERSON THAT WOULD ANSWER THE AD!!! She had a major attitude problem. First problem... no TV remote and the TV could not be turned on without a remote. Front desk response - we don't have a remote for that TV but I can change you to another room. My response - is it two beds and non-smoking like I requested? Front desk - NO! But that is all I can do. Next, hair dryer did not work... beds need to be burned! Floor was dirty - keep your shoes on!!! Bathroom was beyond dirty (see photos). Pubic hair in the washcloth.... just beyond anything I have seen in some 50 years of traveling.

This hotel is really run down and the people working there could care less. Do not stay in the hotel - it is over priced ($10.00 a night would be over priced!) and just trashy in every way.

Check out the photos of the mold in the shower, bathroom and hallway A/C vent (where it is obvious there has been a leak for a long time)... loose wall plug/outlet by the bed.

Cheap (but you will pay for a MUCH better quality hotel than what you will get for your money), trashy, run-down, dirty, moldy, broken equipment, NO TV, really old beds, a floor you do not dare to walk on without your shoes (in the room)... THIS HOTEL NEEDS TO BE REPORTED TO THE HEALTH DEPARTMENT AND CLOSED DOWN!

To see the photos you will need to go to TripAdvisor and look up the name of the Preet hotel.

Last edited by elnina; 03-06-2013 at 04:53 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2013, 01:05 PM

2,756 posts, read 3,813,479 times
I don't understand your post. Are you saying that you didn't like the hotel?

Old 03-06-2013, 01:44 PM

9,019 posts, read 14,306,892 times
For the record 311 will get you to the right department every time in Houston.

Old 03-06-2013, 01:52 PM

4,246 posts, read 12,034,512 times
How did you like the taxes for the hotel? Honest question and being honest here, I have no reason to stay at a hotel in Houston. I work in Houston and that's to long for me.

Old 03-06-2013, 02:11 PM

2,075 posts, read 4,450,066 times
Health Department? This is Texas, you need to check your liberal, big government amenities at the hitchin' post.

Old 03-06-2013, 03:19 PM

8,895 posts, read 20,018,488 times
You should go to Reviews of Hotels, Flights and Vacation Rentals - TripAdvisor and post this. That is an excellent forum for hotel reviews.

Old 03-07-2013, 02:48 PM

Default You make the post - pointless.

Kind of pointless if you do not list the hotel by name!

The city of Houston responded and sent forms to the hotel to comply with by the 21st of this month. you do a disservice to the readers by not posting the name. If you are interested - send me an email and I will be more than happy to tell anyone and everyone the name of the trashy hotel.

Old 03-07-2013, 02:51 PM

What was I thinking!!!!??????

Old 03-07-2013, 03:22 PM

2,192 posts, read 3,223,916 times
what was the name of the hotel?

Old 03-07-2013, 03:31 PM

61,859 posts, read 87,339,575 times
Please do understand that this is not the right place for consumer complaints.
Such posts present defamation issues and they don't give the other side the opportunity to present their side of the argument.
For more detailed info, please use DM option.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston