Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2009, 12:49 PM

61 posts, read 185,706 times

Advertisements

I am coming to Houston next week to look for a house to rent. I am traveling with my dh and my 2 yr old dd. Where is a good and safe hotel to stay in with a little child?? Last time my dh was there, they put him up at the Country Inn which I know is nice, but the one by Houston Hobby is apparently in a bad area. When he was parked out front of the hotel, inputing the address in his GPS....a cop pulled up and came to his car window and asked him what he was doing there. He (the cop) said it was the place to go for prostitutes and drugs . I don't want to stay there with my precious dd.

I was looking at Homestead House in Willowbrook...is that an okay area? I like the idea of an extended stay type place with a kitchen and living room.

Please advise.

BTW...I will have my own rental car.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2009, 12:51 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,690,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katmama View Post
I am coming to Houston next week to look for a house to rent. I am traveling with my dh and my 2 yr old dd. Where is a good and safe hotel to stay in with a little child?? Last time my dh was there, they put him up at the Country Inn which I know is nice, but the one by Houston Hobby is apparently in a bad area. When he was parked out front of the hotel, inputing the address in his GPS....a cop pulled up and came to his car window and asked him what he was doing there. He (the cop) said it was the place to go for prostitutes and drugs . I don't want to stay there with my precious dd.

I was looking at Homestead House in Willowbrook...is that an okay area? I like the idea of an extended stay type place with a kitchen and living room.

Please advise.

the area around Hobby isn't the best, but the area around most airports leave a lot to be desired.

Nita

Old 04-13-2009, 01:04 PM

61 posts, read 185,706 times
Nita...I agree...The area around LAX here in Cali is terrible and I wouldn't ever stay there either. Do you know if the Willowbrook area is nice...or at least not dangerous?

Old 04-13-2009, 02:44 PM

228 posts, read 1,000,677 times
Is Willowbrook the name of an area by Hobby?? Since Im not famaliar with area, I dont know..but..if its Willowbrook as in WBMall...

I work at a local mall, and Im not sure what area you are talking about, but the mall at Willowbrook has been having some problems for the last year or so. Since the store I work for has a store there, its been mentioned a lot lately. But, Im sure there are good areas there..I dont think I would be afraid to stay there..you have to be aware of your surroundings every where you go..

Old 04-13-2009, 02:50 PM

2,709 posts, read 2,209,968 times
I stayed at the new Comfort Suites on Airport Road a few weeks ago. The hotel is nice, but I kept wondering where the music was coming from late at night. There is a strip club right across the street.

Old 04-13-2009, 03:55 PM

175 posts, read 939,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katmama View Post

Please advise.

I'd suggest staying in the area in which you want to rent a home to avoid driving all over the city which could take hours and hours. Finding a place close to where you will be working is a good idea too. I believe Willowbrook Mall area is safe.

Old 04-13-2009, 03:58 PM

16,664 posts, read 17,426,834 times
Willowbrook isn't too far from where I used to live.

Maybe check out the Best Western suites in the area.

best western houston - Google Maps

Old 04-13-2009, 06:51 PM

809 posts, read 3,568,928 times
Willowbrook is about 30 miles from Hobby, so I think that's confusing some people.

If Willowbrook is near where you'll be looking to rent, then I'd recommend staying in that area.

The Willowbrook area is fine. I can't comment on the quality or cleanliness of the rooms at Homestead though. I noticed that Residence Inn Houston Northwest/Willowbrook (By Marriott) got good reviews on-line. There is also the Staybridge Suites Staybridge Suites Hotels | Extended Stay Hotels at Gessner and the Beltway. That hotel is only a couple of years old, so I would think it's nice.

There is a Pappasito's on 1960 east of 249 which is by these places - I highly recommend it! There's actually tons of restaurants in the Willowbrook area. And if your son needs some play time, you might check out IT'Z - Family, Food, Fun - Indoor, Games, Rides, Birthday Parties, Group and Corporate Events
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston