Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2013, 06:42 PM

126 posts, read 241,272 times

Advertisements

Day labor central on Stubener between Louetta and Cypresswood.

Apartments in the area.

Overall not a bad area, been in 77379 for 6 years. The closer you are to 1960, the more issues you have with traffic, crime, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2013, 06:20 AM

24,085 posts, read 15,200,084 times
DH and I pick up bandit signs on Stuebner Airline at least once a week. The day labor hang out is part of our route. I have never been bothered by anybody. We just stop the car in the middle of the group, where ever there is a sign, shake our heads no, they back off. Most now know our car and do not even approach us.

Her subdivision is north of Louetta. If there is objection, just use Louetta east and west, Champion Forest north and south. Don't forget, TC jester has been open a few years.

Old 02-09-2013, 06:52 AM

2,945 posts, read 5,007,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
DH and I pick up bandit signs on Stuebner Airline at least once a week. The day labor hang out is part of our route. I have never been bothered by anybody. We just stop the car in the middle of the group, where ever there is a sign, shake our heads no, they back off. Most now know our car and do not even approach us.

Her subdivision is north of Louetta. If there is objection, just use Louetta east and west, Champion Forest north and south. Don't forget, TC jester has been open a few years.

TC Jester is bad though sometimes. It runs through neighborhoods and people WITH detached garages and no cars in the driveway if attached are still parked on the street...on a street they know people are driving down as a route. And there's always at least 2 cops just ready.

Old 02-09-2013, 07:08 AM

538 posts, read 1,365,836 times
There is nothing wrong with Oakwood Glen, or Oakwood Glen West. The day laborers are on the other side of Louetta and don't bother anyone. There are also very few (I think two) apartment complexes in the same area.

The development is close to shopping, and schools, and is centrally located between two major thoroughfares.

If for some reason the house you found doesn't work out, one other neighborhood in the same price range, with the same appeal, would be Memorial Chase.

Old 02-09-2013, 07:08 AM

2,277 posts, read 3,970,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DejaBlue View Post
TC Jester is bad though sometimes. It runs through neighborhoods and people WITH detached garages and no cars in the driveway if attached are still parked on the street...on a street they know people are driving down as a route. And there's always at least 2 cops just ready.
TC jester was poorly designed as a major route in spring. Developers should not have been allowed to front or side houses to it but the foresight wasn't there. It's not homeowners fault. Until 3 years ago it was mostly a series of dead ends. Of course you're taking your car's life in your hands when you leave it parked there now since everyone wants to do 40+ on it. Such is the price of progress.

Old 02-09-2013, 07:44 AM

18,158 posts, read 25,389,624 times
Quote:
If you're going downtown you'll have issues because they didn't plan for everyone to live out here so the 2 lanes that go around to the Beltway and 45 are no joke It's like 290 bumper to bumper slow. If going in the opposite direction Beltway wise you'll be fine.
I was amazed when I drove South on 249 and got on the Beltway to go to Katy
the spot where you turn 90 degrees right is the most ridiculous s.... I've ever seen
specially since there's plenty of space to make a much nicer and smoother right turn (This spot)

Old 02-09-2013, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost_In_Translation View Post
TC jester was poorly designed as a major route in spring. Developers should not have been allowed to front or side houses to it but the foresight wasn't there. It's not homeowners fault. Until 3 years ago it was mostly a series of dead ends. Of course you're taking your car's life in your hands when you leave it parked there now since everyone wants to do 40+ on it. Such is the price of progress.

Exactly! Why anyone would be stupid enough to park their car on TC Jester like that is beyond me.Those who live in Spring Creek Oaks through TC Jester just line cars up like Superbowl party guests. You dodge cars on both sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
the spot where you turn 90 degrees right is the most ridiculous s.... I've ever seen
specially since there's plenty of space to make a much nicer and smoother right turn (This spot)

I'm confused. Are you saying that ramp from the Beltway to 249 is nice? I hate that thing. I go through the change made and take the feeder. It's a death trap coming off the beltway because people are flying and switching lanes because so many are exiting at Greens and 1960. Either flying to exit on going super slow switching in front of someone they can SEE is flying and doesn't know what brakes are.

I take the feeder, go through the lights get on 249 and gun it into the fast lane until I pass those exits then drop back down. So much safer IMO. For me at least.

Old 02-09-2013, 08:26 AM

2,277 posts, read 3,970,649 times
Quote:
Exactly! Why anyone would be stupid enough to park their car on TC Jester like that is beyond me.Those who live in Spring Creek Oaks through TC Jester just line cars up like Superbowl party guests. You dodge cars on both sides.
I'll be honest, I grew up in SCO and except for swim meets and some soccer games, I rarely saw people parking along tc jester, mainly because no house fronts it and no garage sides it. Are you sure you're not thinking of terranova west south of louetta or whatever the neighborhood south of cypress creek is? From louetta to 2920 tcjester is pretty decent blvd with few issues. Unfortunately people think 45 is a reasonable speed, especially around the north entrance to the SCO subdivision.

Old 02-09-2013, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost_In_Translation View Post
I'll be honest, I grew up in SCO and except for swim meets and some soccer games, I rarely saw people parking along tc jester, mainly because no house fronts it and no garage sides it. Are you sure you're not thinking of terranova west south of louetta or whatever the neighborhood south of cypress creek is? From louetta to 2920 tcjester is pretty decent blvd with few issues. Unfortunately people think 45 is a reasonable speed, especially around the north entrance to the SCO subdivision.
Okay that's probably it. I haven't taken that way in a while because right after Louetta you'd swear these people have NO driveway. Suburbans, Expeditions, batmobile Camrys and other sedans all over the street.

Jesus, the driveway is right there! Especially on a street like that.

Old 02-09-2013, 05:01 PM

811 posts, read 1,562,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
It is finally in the works to do something about that with a completion date of 2015. Why they didn't build the ramp in the first place is beyond me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston