Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2013, 04:03 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,243,571 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by riri_smiley126 View Post
Useless. If you can name someone that actually got hired from those, let alone got a call, then fine.
Indeed works. I've gotten SEVERAL calls from the jobs I applied for through the site. The secret is to catch the jobs that are recently posted.

Quote:
What are some legit temp agencies in Houston? Thanks.
Workforce Solutions

Old 02-07-2013, 04:30 PM

24 posts, read 41,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkgiraffe View Post
Indeed works. I've gotten SEVERAL calls from the jobs I applied for through the site. The secret is to catch the jobs that are recently posted.

Thanks for that secret! I will try Indeed again.

Workforce Solutions
Thank you. This means alot!

Old 02-07-2013, 06:36 PM

2,086 posts, read 4,136,397 times
Quote:
I have an Associate's degree from Lone Star College. I will be transferring to a university (not sure yet) to get a Bachelor's. I hate indeed.com, careerbuilder.com, etc. They seem useless to me.
At least you're on the right track. Go to university and do a program that will have the best chance of getting you a job. I would have loved to have done medieval history but guess where that would have gotten me.

Old 02-07-2013, 06:48 PM

8,895 posts, read 20,016,612 times
You can probably find a waiter job or retail fairly easy.

Old 02-07-2013, 07:01 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,578,185 times
riri, I have a good friend that is a store manager for a Home Depot. They aren't hiring, however a company called Harbor Freight is hiring any good people they could find. Also, there is a lot of opportunity to move up.

How does he know? They made him an offer he almost didn't refuse.

You can make a good living in retail in Houston, but boy you better love retail.

Old 02-07-2013, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDFP View Post
At least you're on the right track. Go to university and do a program that will have the best chance of getting you a job. I would have loved to have done medieval history but guess where that would have gotten me.
I plan to do IT/computers or something close to that field.

Old 02-07-2013, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
riri, I have a good friend that is a store manager for a Home Depot. They aren't hiring, however a company called Harbor Freight is hiring any good people they could find. Also, there is a lot of opportunity to move up.

How does he know? They made him an offer he almost didn't refuse.

You can make a good living in retail in Houston, but boy you better love retail.
I've heard of Harbor Freight, I will check into it. Thank you for being so specific as far as what company is hiring.

Old 02-07-2013, 07:43 PM

1,068 posts, read 1,446,261 times
Just got back from Houston, relocating there in the nearest future for better job opportunities, which seem to be plentiful. The economy there is on the right track, and is in a much better state than in most parts of the country.

Here's the deal: to get an entry level job you have to show your motivation, dedication and willingness to do your absolute best.

Walk into stores, offices, HR agencies, go to career fairs, talk to people, shake hands, collect business cards and send follow up letters expressing your interest to work for them. Believe me, you WILL get a job if you have faith in your abilities and a motivation to work your **** off.

Old 02-07-2013, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flavia84 View Post
Just got back from Houston, relocating there in the nearest future for better job opportunities, which seem to be plentiful. The economy there is on the right track, and is in a much better state than in most parts of the country.

Here's the deal: to get an entry level job you have to show your motivation, dedication and willingness to do your absolute best.

Walk into stores, offices, HR agencies, go to career fairs, talk to people, shake hands, collect business cards and send follow up letters expressing your interest to work for them. Believe me, you WILL get a job if you have faith in your abilities and a motivation to work your **** off.
This gives me a boost. I've been feeling unworthy lately. Thanks!

Old 02-07-2013, 09:34 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,243,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flavia84 View Post

I just missed the simple days where you could just walk into a place of business, fill out an application, speak with a manager and have a good chance of being hired all in one day. Now you have to do all of this just to get a job cleaning toilets at McDonalds.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: