Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2013, 11:46 PM

9 posts, read 26,421 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlionjr View Post
Stop lying, you've never stepped foot in The Woodlands why troll so hard?? Bored at work?
He isn't lying. I can only think of one neighborhood with sidewalks in the woodlands and that's Sylvan Forest off of shadowbend. There's plenty of bike paths, but there really isn't many sidewalks in front of houses. You usually have to walk in the street.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2013, 01:59 AM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
7,484 posts, read 10,470,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlionjr View Post
Stop lying, you've never stepped foot in The Woodlands why troll so hard?? Bored at work?
Pathetic CA troll for sure. I am certain I know which CA poster has a duel account.

Some of the CA posters have such a hatred of TX and say the strangest things but yet know absolutely NOTHING about the place.

You would think they would be wise to stay in their forum and worry about how poorly their state is doing. And here is the shocker...you would think they would be on the CA forum proposing solutions on ways to turn CA around from its sinking stance vs. trolling the Houston forum.

Sorry guys they just want to come over to my neck of the woods and think they can outsmart us or one up us. But we all know that the foaming at the mouth bleeding heart CA libs and the CA cheerleader TX haters are not the sharpest or brightest tools in the box.

Old 01-09-2013, 04:11 AM

345 posts, read 806,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaIsPrettyGreat View Post
most of the woodlands neighborhoods don't even have sidewalks, and the driveways go over grass-lined drainage retention... not very neighborhood-like or camera friendly.
Like some have said, you never set foot in The Woodlands, so you wouldn't know. Most of the streets, if not all are as wide as a 3 lane freeway. Kids play in the street all the time and when I was young, I played around on it. Camera-friendly, not going to argue on this one since I'm no expert in taking pictures except making sure the object is centered, but there are places like around Flintridge that reminds me of the hills in the Northeast. Torrie Wilson used to live there, so Hollywood was there.

Old 01-09-2013, 08:01 AM

1,475 posts, read 2,776,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenthumb19 View Post
He isn't lying. I can only think of one neighborhood with sidewalks in the woodlands and that's Sylvan Forest off of shadowbend. There's plenty of bike paths, but there really isn't many sidewalks in front of houses. You usually have to walk in the street.

Who needs sidewalks? Like the other poster said, the streets are a mile wide and the bike paths are also walking and jogging paths. I see more people walking then biking on them. I use to play in the street all the time as a child. I could count the number of cars going by in an hour on two hands. All the major roads have paths that run parallel to the roads.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston