Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2012, 07:33 PM

292 posts, read 1,068,877 times

Advertisements

We've got the area we are looking to purchase narrowed down to these to areas.
A NewMark Home in CCR and an Ashton home in Bella Terra. Both really close in home design. Totally love both homes.

DH works in Sugar Land, myself in Katy at an apt community, so both are closer for me but he is use to driving more.

I like Bella Terra since it closer to shopping, gym, easier on/off 99.
reat hepl.
Which would offer more bang for the buck? Heading back out Thursday to look at both to see, compare pricing more and look at incentives.

Any info would be a great help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2012, 07:47 PM

8,030 posts, read 9,075,020 times
Both are really far out. You should look at the new communities that are at least inside of the Grand Parkway, closer to everything.

Old 12-23-2012, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
Both are really far out. You should look at the new communities that are at least inside of the Grand Parkway, closer to everything.

We don't care to live closer in.

Old 12-23-2012, 09:22 PM

302 posts, read 956,955 times
Do you have kids? If I'm not mistaken, Bella Terra, which is south of 1093, is Lamar ISD? while Cross Creek Ranch is Katy ISD... Bella Terra might be closer to 99, but once the Westpark is extended it won't be much difference...

By the way Newmark is also building at PMR, you may have another option there if you like a specific home...

Usually you get more bang for your buck on the south of 1093...

Old 12-24-2012, 06:14 AM

Nope...no kids and won't be as we both have adult children.

Both school districts are very comparable in ratings.

Old 12-24-2012, 07:54 AM

1,650 posts, read 3,816,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
Closer to what?

Old 12-24-2012, 07:57 AM

833 posts, read 1,895,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidrod8 View Post
Do you have kids? If I'm not mistaken, Bella Terra, which is south of 1093, is Lamar ISD? while Cross Creek Ranch is Katy ISD... Bella Terra might be closer to 99, but once the Westpark is extended it won't be much difference...

By the way Newmark is also building at PMR, you may have another option there if you like a specific home...

Usually you get more bang for your buck on the south of 1093...
You get to deal with construction traffic while the Westpark is being built and then spend even more money on your commute. However Cross Creek is a really nice community. Schools for Bella Terra are rated very high and the schools are going to give Katy ISD a run for it's money as the Richmond Area expands.

Old 12-24-2012, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d2mini View Post
Closer to what?
What I was thinking too.

Didn't find anything that truly peaked our interest. Plus the prices were more expensive inside Grand Parkway.

Old 12-24-2012, 12:55 PM

5,429 posts, read 14,872,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by d2mini View Post
Closer to what?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLB001 View Post
What I was thinking too.

Didn't find anything that truly peaked our interest. Plus the prices were more expensive inside Grand Parkway.
Maybe he means closer to west Houston? EC? Sugar Land? South Katy? (Shopping, dining, employment, medical facilities, etc. etc.) Just guessing, but it would be true.

Bella Terra looks more convenient to the shopping/dining in La Centerra/Cinco Ranch. I hear people complaining that Cross Creek doesn't have enough of that nearby... considering it looks to be almost middle-of-nowhere on a map, that's to be expected at this point.

Not sure that the prices are so much lower being outside the Grand Pkwy. I think it depends on each community and the builders. Well, Bella Terra is just outside the Grand Pkwy; Cross Creek it out quite a ways further and I believe has Fulshear addresses.

Old 12-24-2012, 04:18 PM

1,615 posts, read 2,673,858 times
I am not far from Bella Terra. It is a pretty good location, close to the Kohl's/Walmart and all of those other shops right there. Plus, you are close to Katy and Cinco Ranch and not far from Sugar Land/Rt. 6. So it is pretty much in the middle of everything if you don't mind a bit of travel. Cross Creek Ranch seems a bit further out to me, especially if you plan to spend any considerable amount of time in Sugar Land (as we do). Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston