Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2012, 11:21 AM

6,884 posts, read 20,422,752 times

Advertisements

Howdy Houston friends! Long time no see

I have a dear friend that I've known for almost 20 years, whose mother-in-law came home from vacation this very morning to learn from her pet sitter that her little poodle was lost right after she left--two weeks ago. I really have no idea what kind of communication was going on between the two as far as checking in, but I do know by all accounts the mother-in-law thought things were just fine. This is a huge, tragic shock for her, and what's worse, the poor pup has seizures and must have daily meds. I cannot tell you how horrified I am over this and I am begging for your help--if you've seen this dog, please contact me via DM.

Breed: Poodle (Toy)
Weight: approx 6 lbs
Color: silver/gray
Answers to: Lola
Where lost: Westheimer/San Felipe/Voss area
When: approx 2 weeks ago, 2nd week of November, around 11/14

Thank you so very much.

Lola is on the right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2012, 11:36 AM

1,475 posts, read 2,773,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Feebs View Post
Howdy Houston friends! Long time no see

I have a dear friend that I've known for almost 20 years, whose mother-in-law came home from vacation this very morning to learn from her pet sitter that her little poodle was lost right after she left--two weeks ago. I really have no idea what kind of communication was going on between the two as far as checking in, but I do know by all accounts the mother-in-law thought things were just fine. This is a huge, tragic shock for her, and what's worse, the poor pup has seizures and must have daily meds. I cannot tell you how horrified I am over this and I am begging for your help--if you've seen this dog, please contact me via DM.

Breed: Poodle (Toy)
Weight: approx 6 lbs
Color: silver/gray
Answers to: Lola
Where lost: Westheimer/San Felipe/Voss area
When: approx 2 weeks ago, 2nd week of November, around 11/14

Thank you so very much.

Lola is on the right.
Does she have an electronic chip in her?

Old 11-27-2012, 11:36 AM

5,976 posts, read 15,287,705 times
Default Hmmm....

I'll be nice and give the benefit of doubt to the pet sitter who may not have noticed that one of the dogs was missing for two weeks.

I'm guessing the sitter did not get paid? Seriously, I know the attachments people form with their pets, sorry to hear this. Was it really a puppy? If so, chances are slim that you'd get a puppy toy poodle back, but let us know later what happened.

Old 11-27-2012, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jek74 View Post
Does she have an electronic chip in her?
I'm not sure. That's a great question; I will ask her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookTheBrotherUp View Post
I'll be nice and give the benefit of doubt to the pet sitter who may not have noticed that one of the dogs was missing for two weeks.

I'm guessing the sitter did not get paid? Seriously, I know the attachments people form with their pets, sorry to hear this. Was it really a puppy? If so, chances are slim that you'd get a puppy toy poodle back, but let us know later what happened.

Oh, no, the pet sitter knew. The pet sitter did not notify.

She is 3 years old (sorry, I used the term "pup" in there somewhere.).

I am unsure if the pet sitter was a paid sitter or whether this was a neighbor. I am getting more details. It is so sad! How can you not tell someone their dog is missing for two whole weeks??

Old 11-27-2012, 12:52 PM

811 posts, read 1,558,788 times
There is a Poodle Rescue here in Houston, someone may have turned it in. A long shot I am sure but worth a try. 281-477-3297
Check every animal shelter you can think of and put posters everywhere. Good luck.
(Let's hope the mods don't move this to the dog forum where hardly anyone from this area will see it!)

Old 11-27-2012, 08:17 PM

No chip, I found out, but the sitter is a friend of a church pal that was looking for some extra cash. I guess they got scared...I don't really know what was going through her mind. Not logic!

Thanks for the tips! I really hope she finds her. It's a long story, but that little dog is really her sweetie, and she's had quite a bit of heartbreak in her life recently.

Old 11-27-2012, 09:20 PM

Default It can happen... it happened to me...

A friend asked me to watch their little dog, a Yorkshire Terrier. Cute little dog, on the first day I let him out to do his business, he was house trained after all. The little bugger found the smallest hole in my backyard fence, squeezed through and I lost him quickly. I saw him go under the fence, but by the time I went around the other side of the block, he was nowhere to be seen.

I did call my friend immediately though and let her know, she was not to thrilled, but understood. Almost the entire day went by without finding the dog, I felt very bad and cancelled my big plans I had for that weekend. Fortunately, a lady in the neighborhood found the dog, and the dog had a collar with a contact number. It turns out my friend had her sister go to her house and listen to the recorded messages (the days of the tape answering machines ) just if by chance anyone called. Sure enough, there was a message and the lady lived two blocks from me. The lady had errands to do, so she picked up the dog and took him with her, and then she called when she got home which is why it took all day.

So I can empathize with the person who lost the dog, but not for waiting all that time to notify the owner.

Old 11-27-2012, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookTheBrotherUp View Post
A friend asked me to watch their little dog, a Yorkshire Terrier. Cute little dog, on the first day I let him out to do his business, he was house trained after all. The little bugger found the smallest hole in my backyard fence, squeezed through and I lost him quickly. I saw him go under the fence, but by the time I went around the other side of the block, he was nowhere to be seen.

I did call my friend immediately though and let her know, she was not to thrilled, but understood. Almost the entire day went by without finding the dog, I felt very bad and cancelled my big plans I had for that weekend. Fortunately, a lady in the neighborhood found the dog, and the dog had a collar with a contact number. It turns out my friend had her sister go to her house and listen to the recorded messages (the days of the tape answering machines ) just if by chance anyone called. Sure enough, there was a message and the lady lived two blocks from me. The lady had errands to do, so she picked up the dog and took him with her, and then she called when she got home which is why it took all day.

So I can empathize with the person who lost the dog, but not for waiting all that time to notify the owner.
And you know--dogs get out. It happens. Dogs are very smart! But you did the right thing by calling your friend.

We have also learned from the owner that the sitter verified with her on three different phone calls that both dogs were fine (there are two but only one missing). The sitter confessed this to the owner's son (my friend's husband). It is just astounding, really.

Old 12-09-2012, 10:17 AM

Owner may have lead on missing poodle | khou.com Houston

The latest on Lola. Really hoping that person comes through!!

Old 12-09-2012, 07:46 PM

Default Newsworthy?

How did this happen? Did someone contact the news outlet, or does the news outlet read CD? Keep us posted, please.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston